10th Doctor on a budget?

ATimeForHeroics

So I was planning on doing Tennant's Doctor for halloween this year, but my wife gave me the whole "we need to do halloween on a budget you always go overboard blah blah" speech, so I can't justify spending $100 on just the suit, and even a cheap one at that. If I had the money for a Magnoli, I'd buy it because I could wear it more than once. Anyone have any suggestions for doing a cheaper, but still close enough version?

David Tenant's incarnation's wardrobe is by far my favorite, so I have entertained the idea on gathering the pieces for an ensemble. Either way I couldn't justify either (right now) spending too much on the suit alone. The Converse All-Stars are $45+ as it is. I would like the question answered too if it can be done on a budget.

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread.

*Subscribed

You can go through the Chinese ebay type retailers for something like $300 for the suit and coat, but that's probably the best you're going to find.

I did this last year. VERY and I mean VERY low budget. Screen-Accuracy freaks look away now :lol

So I got a generic brown pinstripe suit off ebay for under £24, dissapointing as it seems no-one selling suits knows how to colour correct their pictures for accurate representation.
Put together with a blue shirt I already had, generic trainers and the new pair of glasses I'd got which were close in style (I needed a new pair and decided they suited me). I also started off with a vaguely-close tie, but I got too warm.

suit (dissapointingly darker than the ebay photos made it look): trainers:

And me at my archery club (which explains what I'm looking at and the glove on my hand): .... photoshop magic can add the blue stripes if you want (though now I'm wondering if I could overpaint them somehow)

Of course, the caveat is, the lower the budget, the lower the accuracy. However... even without waving the sonic around, most people got who I was. So, for a one-shot costume in a rush I was pleased. If I were to do it again I'd spend more time looking for a nicer suit (assuming I don't suddenly win the lottery and can afford a Magnoli or Baron suit)

Long story short: Accuracy = low, cost = low, fun = high.

You can go through the Chinese ebay type retailers for something like $300 for the suit and coat, but that's probably the best you're going to find.

Yeah, I found a suit on eBay/etsy for $100. I won't be needing the coat seeing as I'll be indoors all night. So it's come to either a) tolling thrift stores for a suit I can at least modify, or b) start raising secret funds without letting the misses know until it's too late hahaha

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back