My Darth Vader Helmet Collection

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord @ Dec 2 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1370274[/snapback]</div>
Ya the Elstree is an impressive helmet....no doubt.
[/b]

Yes, it sure is.

Thomas, very nice addition to your collection btw. :thumbsup

anhspfxvaderjrx5wr2.jpg

Wow...this lid looks like a screen shot.

... best and most reasonably priced vader reveal out there?....[/b]
Rumor had it that MR was going to be doing a ROTJ reveal. That was around CIII. Do not know if that's still in the hopper or they dropped the idea.

Shawn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Uber Fett @ Dec 3 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]1370525[/snapback]</div>
Rumor had it that MR was going to be doing a ROTJ reveal. That was around CIII. Do not know if that's still in the hopper or they dropped the idea.
[/b]
The last I heard, which was long ago, was that it would be symmetrical and without a dome.... but mind you, this is nothing new news, so plans could have easily changed or dropped completely.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthvaderv @ Dec 2 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1370162[/snapback]</div>
Excellent paint job on the Elstree

PnatheraGem excellent looking ANH, great brushed finished.

Thank you both for the compliments.

Another picture, bit blurry, hope to complete within the next month or two. Will post when finished. My main concern is the general set up (chest armor, shoulders, etc...,) I also need to alter the dome marginally. I'm getting ready for a stressful month or two.:thumbsup

1121ba0.jpg

[/b]

What are you doing with the dome? looks okay to me.

Alan.

Nice collection you have there :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JRX @ Dec 1 2006, 06:11 AM) [snapback]1369389[/snapback]</div>
Here are mine (past, present and future - :lol )

SPFX ANH

ANH_SPFX_Vader_JRX_5.jpg

"Elstree" ROTJ

ROTJ_Elstree_Vader_Pic_3.jpg

SPFX ESB (I'm still waiting to get it in excitement - hopefully very soon :D )

SPFX_ESB_Darth_Vader_Helmet_1.jpg

Portumac ROTJ (sold this one again)

Vader_ESB_Pic_1.jpg

Rubies Deluxe Fiberglass (sold this one again)

RUBIES_Vader_ESB_Pic_1.jpg

Don Post Deluxe Fiberglass no. 322 ... I have not taken pics of this one, yet :rolleyes

[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fatherless One @ Dec 3 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1370716[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthvaderv @ Dec 2 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1370162[/snapback]
Excellent paint job on the Elstree

PnatheraGem excellent looking ANH, great brushed finished.

Thank you both for the compliments.

Another picture, bit blurry, hope to complete within the next month or two. Will post when finished. My main concern is the general set up (chest armor, shoulders, etc...,) I also need to alter the dome marginally. I'm getting ready for a stressful month or two.:thumbsup

1121ba0.jpg

[/b]

What are you doing with the dome? looks okay to me.

Alan.
[/b][/quote]

For ESB Vader the bottom of the dome should be brought down marginally more to Vader's right (our left) looking straight on. The other side, Vader's left, should kick up slightly at the bottom. In turn this creates slightly wider flaring of Vader's left side. I posted a thread a few days back on this. This is due to the un centralness of the fixing mech, the inner mech of the dome and possibly the tabs left over from ANH ...

I've been doing this today and the results are much better. I've lowered the dome very marginally we are talking millimeters. Iv'e kept a better brow position aswell again very marginally, only if you really know what you are looking for (as I'm sure you do ;) will you find any difference than before, although this is noticable from standard.
:thumbsup

Here's my ESB SPFX;

P1010245.jpg

P1010258.jpg

And a couple of shots of my Don Post Deluxe and SPFX;

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

I've also got a low number DP Deluxe that that I'm restoring and a Classic Action Vader.

The last I heard, which was long ago, was that it would be symmetrical and without a dome....[/b]
If that would be the case, they could keep it. Eventhough ESB is my fav...actually, they want to make a MINT...they should obtain, if possible, the ESB reveal and produce that sucker.

Hello MR...money maker here... :eek :D

Shawn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Uber Fett @ Dec 4 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]1370997[/snapback]</div>
The last I heard, which was long ago, was that it would be symmetrical and without a dome....[/b]
If that would be the case, they could keep it. Eventhough ESB is my fav...actually, they want to make a MINT...they should obtain, if possible, the ESB reveal and produce that sucker.
Hello MR...money maker here... :eek :D
Shawn
[/b]

Yes, I would also definitely be interested in the ESB reveal - purely because no one has ever done it before and I like the way the top of the face attaches to the neck-piece with both the two tusk tubes attached at the neck, instead like seen in the RotJ reveal.

I don't understand what their obsession with symmetry is... but if they can do it without simply mirroring one side onto the other, as the RotS version was made... then it might be interesting. Would definitely like to see what that would look like. :thumbsup

:thumbsup nice.

I think they should keep to what we all know and love all this symmetrical stuff is nonsense. Whats the point :rolleyes .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Dec 4 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]1371097[/snapback]</div>
Well... tried to do a symmetricalizing trick in Photo Shop - a bit rushed and could possibly be done better. Enjoy:

[/b]

Actually, I think the symmetrical shot of the poster helmet looks great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord @ Dec 4 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1371115[/snapback]</div>
Cool....try it with the other cheek...that cheek seems a bit higher...
[/b]
I don't know what you mean. This is the process I talked about recently... with a normal image and a reversed on top of each other and then create an average from that - not just copy one side, flip and paste together - no, you are seeing a 100% average picture of the whole helmet.

Here are my four Vaders, I photo'd them yesterday.

Theyre in b/w as the lighting wasnt great - however I do really like Vader in b/w

2 GH's surrounding a 20thC and JB RotJ (you might remember this one Kev)
4Vaders1_bw2.jpg

4Vaders2_bw.jpg

On this one i've just photo edited the left two to sit above the right two
4Vadersbox_bw.jpg

and the two GH's on their own
twoghosts3_bw2.jpg

Cheers

Jez

Hey Jez...love the montage...reminds me of a Beatles album cover. :p

And yes, that helmet does look somewhat familiar... ;) ...nice lids...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back