Thor Avengers style armor display (wip)

Thanks all for the get wells. Sadly the surgery put me behind on costuming. To be able meet the deadline, I have to only work on mandatory pieces of the costumes. I am very sorry but I will not be able to publish templates in time before the Avengers movie.

On another note, here are some updates on the front of the vest, and material for the cape:

31da3226.jpg

3772d47e.jpg

75fcf9c2.jpg

Does anyone know the best way to take hand made templates and add them to the computer? I need an easy way, because this build has a lo of pieces and it will take me awhile.

Would anyone be interested in taking my templates and scanning them etc? I do not have much time these days, so if you would like, I can send the templates and instructions in a box, then you can share them if you would like to. Just PM me if interested.

Great Thor.

I'd like to help but I sold my large format scanner.

As a quick idea could take a digital photo with a tape measure and a yard stick along the X and Y axis of your templates.
Try to keep your camera square to the subject to reduce distortion.
With the photos people could print out the templates or digitally clean them up themselves and best is little work on your part.

Hey, fantastic armor, BTW if you had to do it all over again, would you still recommend the faom to start off with or would you consider using another source? I noticed you had mentioned plasti dip. But I was ust curious if there might have been a more solid of durable substitute for the initial creation that would better stand up the test of time and wear at like conventions. Looks great though, can't with for the templates myself, either.
Thanks,
calibr1735:thumbsup

Hey, fantastic armor, BTW if you had to do it all over again, would you still recommend the faom to start off with or would you consider using another source? I noticed you had mentioned plasti dip. But I was ust curious if there might have been a more solid of durable substitute for the initial creation that would better stand up the test of time and wear at like conventions. Looks great though, can't with for the templates myself, either.
Thanks,
calibr1735:thumbsup

If I were to do it again, I would use some of the pieces made with thicker foam, but mostly use the same technique. Its flexible and works great. I definitely recommend using foam for it.

Great Thor.

I'd like to help but I sold my large format scanner.

As a quick idea could take a digital photo with a tape measure and a yard stick along the X and Y axis of your templates.
Try to keep your camera square to the subject to reduce distortion.
With the photos people could print out the templates or digitally clean them up themselves and best is little work on your part.

Thanks for the idea. I will do that! It saves me tons of time!

Have you been able to take pictures of your templates yet? I am going to start on this build next week hopfully. My friends and I will have every character from the avengers group at a con where Stan Lee is going to be. :) I will post a WIP thread as well.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back