Taking screen accuracy a "step" too far, Biker Scout boots.

wolf

This will hopefully be the latest upgrade to my Biker Scout costume, a lot of trial and error to follow. Any advice on best rubber for boot soles very much appreciated.

331273_10150299299954469_802819468_7622848_3818645_o.jpg

323980_10150299301029469_802819468_7622858_4944626_o.jpg

I've been very curious about casting boot soles as well. I look forward to any info posted here.

My Grandfather was a shoemaker- cobbler , he would carve the soles after re-soling boots and shoes. I think the heat and fumes involved in melting / pouring shoe rubber would be a deterrent .

So... @wolf, I know it has been a LONG time, but whatever happened to this project? I ask because I just realized that GR13, Andrew Scott from Universal Solider seems to fancy wearing Biker Scout boots!

attachment.php

Attachments

• universal-soldier-biker-scout.jpg
    universal-soldier-biker-scout.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 1,397
I have an original pair of the HI-Tec (Woodland version) shoes and even tough they're a size 12 US (I'm a 7 UK) I've taken various moulds of the sole detail with a view to making myself a pair. A friend of mine is a 3D modeller and at the end of May he'll have one of the boots to work from with a view to making a workeable CAD/CAM file.

I use a clear flexible polyurethane for the soles (NIKE MAG) I make. Supplier pending, you can spec the shore. Mine are A65 which seems to be good wearing.

Attachments

• Clear Sole Project 1.jpg
    Clear Sole Project 1.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 125
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back