MORE Blade Runner gun photos

MattMunson

Master Member
I've been sitting on these for a while, but since we're all whipped into a blade runner frenzy, I thought I'd share them now.

For those of you who want to download all of the photos in a zip archive,here's a link.

This is a raw casting off a screen used stunt blaster. Some details match up PERFECTLY to the recent pics, others do not. As we all know, there was probably more than one hero made, and the details may have ben different from one to the other.

I will NOT be offering castings of this. Don't ask.

This has been confirmed by at least two EXPERTS in the field as the real deal.

Discuss.

br1.jpg

br2.jpg

br3.jpg

br4.jpg

br5.jpg

br6.jpg

I always thought it was a little more colorful. Probably just that movie lighting playing tricks on me.

Oh its a casting. Oops, thats what I get for reading the post when I am half asleep.

That's it Matt, you can't play in the big boys sandbox.

Thanks for sharing though.

Arthur

<div class='quotetop'>(spinner44.com @ Sep 6 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1314411[/snapback]</div>
Matt,

That's a damn fine sexy gun. What's that coming out its a**? :lol
[/b]

Likely a pour sprue.

"Whu?"

I think he's referring to the phone call you're likely to be soon getting explaining that you can't post photos of anything that those "higher up" don't want out in public.

Don't fight it..you will be assimilated.

Good to see that Matt.

The reasons some details differ are simple.
In the industry, when you make a mold some details are comprised in order to get a good pull so the silcone doesn't leak within the prop and tear when removed, and so small fragile areas don't break off or bubble in the process.

I have worked with documenting and exhibiting original film props for quite a while now, I have seen three of the original blasters in person, had one in my office for two years, and noted these differences.
During the clay-up prep for molding, some set-screws and the green leds were removed and filled with clay. The revolver covers were clayed in as well, the ammo cartridge was changed out to one that didn't have the led holes / bezel additions. The clay-filling was obvious on the stunt version as it wasn't a machined finish.
The stunt version amber grips were subject to some shrinkage and not polished in comparison to the hero.
The one I had on display in my office had the green led on the side laser on the end facing you.
Obviously a request by Ridley to have some intended tiny green reflection on Harrison's face when he pulls the trigger.

The images Karl posted of the hero was the same gun Harrison had during his publicity shoot at the Bradbury.

Bryan

Matt,

I just got a phone call from a friend of a friend who knows the director of a film that was once made awhile ago. He said he is angry and you are taking money away from him by posting these photos.

Also, remember to where clean underwear.

All your base are belong to us

Where did it come from anyway?

Somebody on ebay recently sold what they advertised as a resin pull from the original molds. Looks authetic to me.

Bryan, your post is quite informative. Thank you very much. I enjoyed reading it. I just can't get enough stories and pictures of this damn gun.. :love

Matt, be careful, I have heard rumours of other prop collectors reading this board. Some say they even post here to discuss these things.

:angel

I'm just sayin' . . .

:lol

B)

<div class='quotetop'>(amish @ Sep 7 2006, 02:37 AM) [snapback]1314460[/snapback]</div>
All your base are belong to us

[/b]
now THATS a quote right from the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG game on the Kauri server ....

Hey folks let's get back to what this forum is about - props.
So here a question that relates to this:

Matt,
the areas with the cross hatched pattern on the grips - are these flat or are these curved?

Thanks for helping out.

Cheers,
Stefan

what is that logo? looking pair of thingies on the underside of the barrel?

im not really a huge BR blaster fan, but i never noticed those...

thanks for the pics though.
chris

If you're refering to the magazine, it's the 'Steyr' logo. Basically three (four?) concentric circles with the word 'Steyr' in the middle.

Jay

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back