Breaking Bad Props

image.jpg
It isn't perfect but I'm happy with it. I might try to switch out the eye and weather it more.

Wallabees are on the way.

Once again, this is the jacket seen in the final season. It's on sale right now for $66!!!!
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_102323

I've decided that I want to expand the Breaking Bad theme I have going on in my bathroom. I have bottles of Shraderbrau and baggies of blue meth in the window next to my Heisenberg action figure, along with a copy of Leaves of Grass on the toilet. But I want to take it even further and was wondering if anyone out there can help me.

I want to create replicas of the bottles of Hydrofluoric Acid that Jesse uses to dissolve the body in his tub. Has anyone here attempted to make the label?
Hydrofluoric.jpg

No but I can do it, if you like, including all correct warning signs and CAS no., since I am a chemistry tech. I really have to review the first couple of episodes, I wonder what size the bottles are? Normally you're not allowed more than 1 l in a lab for use.

View attachment 349250
It isn't perfect but I'm happy with it. I might try to switch out the eye and weather it more.

Wallabees are on the way.

Once again, this is the jacket seen in the final season. It's on sale right now for $66!!!!
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_102323

"Isn't perfect" is being a bit generous. I pre-ordered 2 as soon as they were available based on the pre-production/prototypes, and photos on their website...which actually looked good. What I got was pretty disappointing. I can't even improve it by weathering as it has the horrible looking black fabric "burn" marks under the holes in the fur.

Plus, they charged $11 EACH for shipping, and they were simply tossed into a box (that was mangled and nearly open) without even being placed in a plastic bag first. ROBBERY. Thanks Mezco!

Learned my lesson, no more buying mass produced crap.

Attachments

• IMAG2622.jpg
    IMAG2622.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG2620.jpg
    IMAG2620.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG2618.jpg
    IMAG2618.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG2617.jpg
    IMAG2617.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMAG2615.jpg
    IMAG2615.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMAG2614.jpg
    IMAG2614.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 138
I mean, what did you expect for $30? You get what you pay for, and I feel it isn't bad for the money. Can't speak for the shipping, I ordered from bbts and they arrived fine, in plastic packaging.

I did some further searching and I think these might be the best match for the hydrofluoric acid bottles.
http://www.amazon.com/HDPE-Bottle-gal-jug-style/dp/B001D7E70I

I'm still trying to determine the accurate size of the bottle though. To my eye it looks big enough that it could be a gallon jug. But I found a screen cap clear enough to read 500ml on the label.

hydrofluoric-BREAKING-BAD-MURDER-facebook.jpg

This has to be a discrepancy on the prop department right? There's no way that jug is 500ml.

Hi! That really looks promising - yeah need to know the exact dimensions in SI units. 500 ml is too low which is about 16,7 american fl oz., while an american gallon is about 3,785 l or 128 fl oz. - I found these here, the same jug with dimensions: http://www.amazon.com/Vestil-JUG-1-..._indust_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PC417BXDKGFDP3CEHVV , the diameter would be converted into SI 6" = 15,24 cm ~ 15,25 - 15,3 cm and the height 11-21/32" = 28,59625 cm ~ 28,6 cm.

EDIT: Calculated the volume by the given measurements results:
V(Cylinder) = G*h = pi*r²*h = 3,14159…*(7,65 cm)²*28,6 cm = 3,14159…*58,5225 cm²*28,6 cm = 183,8238561 cm²*28,6 cm = 5258,220284 cm³ (ml) = 5,25 l
5,25 l = 175,274 fl oz. = 1,39 gal. So the measurements is about right.

Besides, this the first version of the label, as I found out with screencaps and never returned, they later tweaked minor details like a wrong hazard sign on the first label (they got a biohazard on the first, which is totally totally wrong, but only noticable in the screencaps), the yellow stripe shortened, the barcode behind a white background, the lettering on the red stipe changed a bit, added a vertical line to seperate the warning instructions from the content label, the font of HF is changed.

Still, some things grinds my gear with the label - although BB is very good on the overall science, the hazard signs was pretty dreadful - the art dept. had mixed three different kinds of hazard labeling types - aaargh! :lol
If they would be super accurate, they would have used the GHS Diamonds, which is now implemented all over the world and has the same meaning.

I did some further searching and I think these might be the best match for the hydrofluoric acid bottles.
http://www.amazon.com/HDPE-Bottle-gal-jug-style/dp/B001D7E70I

I'm still trying to determine the accurate size of the bottle though. To my eye it looks big enough that it could be a gallon jug. But I found a screen cap clear enough to read 500ml on the label.

View attachment 352442

This has to be a discrepancy on the prop department right? There's no way that jug is 500ml.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I started off the Hydrofluoric Acid label, I couldn't find the exact fonts for most of the stuff so I left that blank just in case someone else can find them and finish it up. If anybody wants to use my .psd, just pm me your email.

Hydrofluoric acid label starter.jpg

Nice start… but I suck at guesstimating the height of the label, the rest was calculated by the measurements given… @kohrfilms: you could help me to complete your request, if you can grab the 1 gal jug and measure the indented space where the label is placed…

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start… but I suck at guesstimating the height of the label, the rest was calculated by the measurements given… @kohrfilms: you could help me to complete your request, if you can grab the 1 gal jug and measure the indented space where the label is placed…

I already had a jug at home so I did the measurements already

WIP. I had to guess what the word in front of "extremely toxic" is, so I looked at the label of episode 1x02 which was different as I stated above - it had "hazardous and toxic" that was changed. I think I have to guess what the instruction below the "Caution! Keep out of reach of Children!" is written and in the box. But I think I know what below the box is written. I had printed a site of the CDC concering the HF Acid with some facts, that could fit into the box.

rect6181.png

WIP. I had to guess what the word in front of "extremely toxic" is, so I looked at the label of episode 1x02 which was different as I stated above - it had "hazardous and toxic" that was changed. I think I have to guess what the instruction below the "Caution! Keep out of reach of Children!" is written and in the box. But I think I know what below the box is written. I had printed a site of the CDC concering the HF Acid with some facts, that could fit into the box.

http://109.imagebam.com/download/NjTV76KpHDvcV3cdfEdEzQ/34137/341360030/rect6181.png?download=1

What font did you use for the Hydrofluoric Acid text?

@kohrfilms: you could help me to complete your request, if you can grab the 1 gal jug and measure the indented space where the label is placed…
I have rent due in a few days, so depending on how tight I am money wise I can put in an order for the jugs by the end of the week if you still need the measurements. The labels are looking really good so far.

Not much progress on my side, except that I discovered lots of unnecessary nodes in the vectors of the Danger! lettering and White HF Border that I had to kill, took me hours… slightly changed the poison and NFPA diamond colors to a darker tad, enlarged the word poison to match on screen label, changed the color of the border from HF from yellow to white. Shortened the yellow bar and realigned the red lettering, which matches more the screen label. Advantage: I got more space for the warning text and much much closer to what you see on screen. Added a 5 column hazard warning text from a real HF MSDS (Material Data Safety Sheet). Had to add 2 numbers on the barcode, which is larger on the 4th season label, the white box is 1,3 x 1 in.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to 100% recreate the label, unless someone can provide me with 1920x1080 caps of the "Cat's in the Bag" 1x02 with Jesse holding the bottle. The cap Kohrfilms provided is good enough to decipher some things, but yet not good enough to fully decipher everthing.
BBprogess.png

1.what cartridge number are those

2. and mask sizes and

3.where did you get the coverall

I'm assuming you're referring to the respirators that Walt, Jesse and Gale wear in Gus' lab? The cartridge number is 60926, the mask size most commonly seen in production stills is medium (but small and large look the same other than their sizes so pick the one that fits you best), and the yellow coveralls used in one episode of Season 3 and a few episodes of Season 5 are DuPont Tychem Tyvek QC127S coveralls. The ones used in the rest of Season 3 and in Season 4 were custom made out of a different material.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back