Daenerys Targaryen Costume

lauramjones

This is my Daenerys Targaryen costume for Dragon*Con! I hope you guys like it!

I actually hand-made my wig from platinum blonde 18" wig synthetic fiber. I then sprayed it with a white halloween temp hair dye.

I also hand-made my pins from various earrings I found at the Dollar General of all places!

The lower belt was hand-sculpted by me using sculpy and the upper belt was made from pieces found at Hobby Lobby!

I weathered my skirt I made with watered down acrylic paint and sandpaper.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks a lot! I worked on this costume for two weeks!
Yes, she is the blood of the dragon! I haven't read the book series, but I think it means she is a descendant of the dragons?

Thanks a lot! I worked on this costume for two weeks!
Yes, she is the blood of the dragon! I haven't read the book series, but I think it means she is a descendant of the dragons?

They tend to claim that. Whether it's true or not is probably open to debate. Regardless, Daenerys does demonstrate characteristics definitely above and beyond a normal human.

One of the few costumes in the series that isn't pretty much standard Renn Faire garb and therefore is instantly recognizable.

Very nicely done.

Have any dragon eggs to go with it? :)

My only criticism, is I would try to make the fraying on the edges of the fabric a bit more natural looking.

Other than that, I love it!

I love this. I'm completely obsessed with Game of Thrones and would totally go ***** for Khaleesi, ha! You did such a great job.

Can you tell me where you got your fabric for your shirt and how you made the front sinch in the middle around the bust the way it did and how you attached the straps?

Also, where'd you get the fabric for the skirt? I'd love to know. I'm very interested in making this myself. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys! It went over very well at Dragon con! Our group got plenty of pictures! My boyfriend Mike was a horse lord with me and my friend Josh was Viserys! We ran in to an awesome Khal Drogo and I got lots of photos with him as well! Hopefully I will be able to find them online to post here!

As far as the Dragon eggs... I am probably going to make those myself at some point for a prop. I feel like those are by far the best props to carry around. I have seen other Khaleesi costumers carrying dragons and bloody hearts. The bloody hearts are cool, but they are a bit messy, and the dragons just seem a little cheesy unless you invest in a really nice hand-sculpted one.

Funny you should mention that....this is a little something I whipped up over several lunch breaks. It's Apoxie Sculpt over a lathed MDF egg shape. I'll be making a mold of it this weekend and rotocasting copies. Definitely 3 for myself but possibly a run.

I might be interested in buying some of those from you! It looks great!

can you tell me where you found the fabric for the top?
My girlfriend wants to create the same outfit for Halloween

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back