The 11th Doctor's Sonic Cane

Not that anyone needs it or anything but DW Confidential did a pan up the prop with Matt from afar - someone could stitch the frames together to make a full length shot :p

found this looks close?

here is what it say it is

R.A.F. Swagger Cane

Black painted wooden cane approx. 66cm in length. Brass end ferrule and EPNS ball top with RAF King's Crown crest . Some paint loss to cane. Minor denting and loss of plating to ball top. Good used overall.

12506.jpg

Looks to be too long and skinny, but that's basically what we are looking for here. It's highly likely that the cane was fabricated especially for the show, so chances are we won't be able to buy the exact one they used :cry

Having watched TV's 'Doctor Who' on saturday, I thought it might be nice to make a Sonic Cane like his.

So, having a spare 11th Doctor sonic, an old pool cue, a 60mm plastic sphere and a long weekend to hand, I thought I'd make one.

CIMG2897.jpg

CIMG2898.jpg

CIMG2889.jpg

CIMG2896.jpg

Works just like the one on the show, only real difference is mine has a taper, whereas the one on TV was straight.

It's a little bit fast of a and dirty build, and the four part ball section needs some fine tuning, but it'll do for now!

:D
Will you ever make more and sell them????? (please)

Just one question, how solid is it, i doubt you can lean on it, but it would be wonderful if you could... Although i have a feeling it's very rickitty.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back