Vacation (Post-release)

Re: Vacation (2015)

the gag about making fun about the remake-movie "you're in" was done in 21 Jump Street. Didnt Ed Helms already make a similar movie like this? It was called Meet the Millers". He is about 5 years too young to be Rusty.

Last edited:

the gag about making fun about the remake-movie "you're in" was done in 21 Jump Street. Didnt Ed Helms just make this movie? It was called Meet the Millers". He is about 5 years too young to be Rusty.

It was "We're the Millers," and it was Jason Sudeikis (aka the guy who is marrying and has a child with Olivia Wilde).

The older son - isn't that the same puke from Night At The Museum 3? Just watch Museum last night with my kids, and this kid bugged me.

And couldn't they have gotten ANthony Michael Hall...?

I'm sorry but this is one that I will see with a buddy of mine. We all work long hard hours and some days I am just in the mood for dick and fart jokes that I don't have to think about.

Re: New Vacation Movie?!

I REALLY hope it isn't the new standard of "Hangover" style humor cause I can't stand that. Love the old ones. Circumstantial comedy always beats vulgar in my book.

I knew right after I watched the red band trailer I had no interest in this film. Toliet humor just doesn't cut it.

I'm just glad it's not talk of a Fletch "remake" with someone like Will Ferrell in the lead.

I'd welcome another Fletch and Vacation.

I think at one point there was talk of one being directed by Kevin Smith with Jason Lee as Fletch.

I could see Ryan Reynolds as Fletch... but I can also see that franchise getting the same treatment as most other comedies using the same weak talent they're force feeding into every other movie these days... or gender bending the character and putting Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer as Fletch.

I'd much prefer a new face. Fletch is one of my favorite comedies and it was because of Chevy Chase when he was in his prime and still funny, not embarrassing and sad.

Oh.... and this Vacation movie looks like a gigantic pile of crap. I have no plans of ever seeing it. Lot of cheap one-laugh gags.

Last edited:
Well we pretty much knew that this probably wouldn't be good. I could tell from the trailer it looked like a wreck. People these days don't even know how to do comedy like the original movie.

I think at one point there was talk of one being directed by Kevin Smith with Jason Lee as Fletch.

I could see Ryan Reynolds as Fletch... but I can also see that franchise getting the same treatment as most other comedies using the same weak talent they're force feeding into every other movie these days... or gender bending the character and putting Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer as Fletch.

I'd much prefer a new face. Fletch is one of my favorite comedies and it was because of Chevy Chase when he was in his prime and still funny, not embarrassing and sad.

Oh.... and this Vacation movie looks like a gigantic pile of crap. I have no plans of ever seeing it. Lot of cheap one-laugh gags.

totally forgot about this thread until now - but I take back my previous statement.
I saw the trailer for the new Vacation - don't care for the casting choices, idea, cameo of Chevy...it just looked awful.
Chevy had his spotlight time, but he's not up to revisiting his classic rolls sadly.

I REALLY hope it isn't the new standard of "Hangover" style humor cause I can't stand that. Love the old ones. Circumstantial comedy always beats vulgar in my book.

yes yes and yes. I hate vulgar family guy style humor.
dissapointed by this even being brought up. another vacation movie wasn't needed...but I was hopeful.

I was just thinking this the o ther day as i am no movie expert

most of my movies these days are animated movies...
but what was the last big hit comedy of the last 5 years?

have there even been many comedies?

My wife and I went to see it. It had a lot of laughs but it's tough to match the original. The mini-van he rents was probably the best ongoing movie joke.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back