Custom Green Lantern *Opinions/Suggestions*

WhoKnows8701

With permission from the original creater , I will
be designing and create this costume for Cosplay.

Problem is, I have never done anything like this before lol.
That's where I need your guy's help. How would u go
About creating this suit? Materials? Fabric? Process?

Any help would be awesome!

I'll just be adding gloves, and using a different mask.

lantern_01_final-2.jpg
green_lantern_still.jpg

Whoknows: between your Superman and this, it is clear that you are going to need to make friends with someone that has a sewing machine and experience working with patterns and fabrics. Both costumes are primarily Spandex/Lycra type, stretchy stuff. Plenty of RPFers that have worked with that type of thing before. Sometimes you can start with a Zentai suit and layer pieces onto that, but I doubt it would be as sleek, unless of course you need that stuff for armored bits. Hal's gauntlets/bracers there would be a good thing to do in craft foam to get you started.

Dude, I made costumes for years before finding the RPF, and my philosophy has always been to find whatever works or make it out of whatever I can get my hands on. You won't always get screen accuracy, but you will get a fun cosplay or halloween out of it.

If I am using leather/fake leather for the green, what
do you guys suggest for the black? Lycra? Spandex?
Something totally different

In this instance I think Spandex might be too sheer and shiny, but black Neoprene (wetsuit) would be a great base. Again, I'm the guy who uses whatever I can get instead of commissioning stuff specific, because I's po'. =0)

In this instance I think Spandex might be too sheer and shiny, but black Neoprene (wetsuit) would be a great base. Again, I'm the guy who uses whatever I can get instead of commissioning stuff specific, because I's po'. =0)

Neoprene? Gotta look up what that is. Have u used that before?

I have not made anything with neoprene, but a wetsuit is a pretty standard thing. Screen-accuracy diehards might not go for it, but I think it would look fine. (The level of detail all depends on what you want to do with it, and only you can decide if a piece is good enough. If I were being paid to make a suit, I'd go for as detailed and accurate as possible, but if I were making it for Halloween or something (especially for myself) I'd go with "reasonably good".)

EDIT: I looked at the link loganallenwolf posted, and they made their GL suit with black neoprene as the base, so I guess my opinion is in good company =0)

Last edited:
You could actually probably use an UnderArmor HeatGear shirt for the base. I'm wearing one right now and it's got a very nice texture to it that I've already considered using for a couple different superhero costumes of this type.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back