Sucker Punch Map

P

predpaul

Hi guys I am going to attempt to make the sucker punch map as a full size paper prop. This map will be based on the one seen in Blue's office. My work in the past has gotten rave reviews so I'm torn between offering it for free in the Paper Props or making money out of it. We'll see how it goes. :confused

Check out my other free props in my paper props gallery link below and give me a shout if you want anything sent to you, there are more on my facebook. :cool

Paul

Hi guys I am going to attempt to make the sucker punch map as a full size paper prop. This map will be based on the one seen in Blue's office. My work in the past has gotten rave reviews so I'm torn between offering it for free in the Paper Props or making money out of it. We'll see how it goes. :confused

Check out my other free props in my paper props gallery link below and give me a shout if you want anything sent to you, there are more on my facebook. :cool

Paul

Here's where I am after 2 hours in illustrator. I'm using Blu ray screen caps to piece it together. As I get closer to the end I will post a comparison shot :cool

Map

Paul

Great stuff so far! I need to have this!! If you offer it up free I'd be very appreciative, but I do understand that large items like this are tougher to let go of for nothing.. Either way I'll be watching!

Great stuff so far! I need to have this!! If you offer it up free I'd be very appreciative, but I do understand that large items like this are tougher to let go of for nothing.. Either way I'll be watching!

I really am torn because it's taken so long to restore the image to work from but I may put in paper props. If you look in my photos on here there are plenty of freebies, just msg me for the full size ones. It would be cool to display with The lighter, Knife and Key though. :)

Paul

Yeah I've seen your stuff, love the Iron man newspaper..

Honestly, even with the free paper props I have a hard time because there are no good printers where I live. Nobody can do newsprint or large format, Anything over standard letter size and I'm outta luck.. :lol

Yeah I've seen your stuff, love the Iron man newspaper..

Honestly, even with the free paper props I have a hard time because there are no good printers where I live. Nobody can do newsprint or large format, Anything over standard letter size and I'm outta luck.. :lol

7 hrs in: I have added the doorways and pigment to the ink. Also big thanks to Nickytea for the Institute logo, kept my original fonts but used the building. :cool

Paul

Just trying a little something similar to what I did with my Ironman newspaper. Artificial aging of the paper I'll offer both versions but I like this what do you guys think? :)

Aged version

Paul

Looks great! Is there any way to artifically age the ink to look worn? That'd top it off really nice!

Yeah best way is to add a gaussian blur I did that with the Iron Man print. OK guys this is nearly finished it's taken me 12 hours :lol

Just need to age the ink and we're there. If any one can get a clearer shot of what the symbols are in the index that would be really helpfull and I have a biro font I'm going to use for the writing :)

Map 12 hours in

Paul

If you decide to do a run of these I would be very much interested. Oh and sell them, don't give them away. You're putting in a good chunck of time on this. Looks great.

Yeah best way is to add a gaussian blur I did that with the Iron Man print. OK guys this is nearly finished it's taken me 12 hours :lol

Just need to age the ink and we're there. If any one can get a clearer shot of what the symbols are in the index that would be really helpfull and I have a biro font I'm going to use for the writing :)

Map 12 hours in

Paul

Aged the biro on both text and main layout. I saved the sharper layers just in case :lol

Map with blur

Paul

If you decide to do a run of these I would be very much interested. Oh and sell them, don't give them away. You're putting in a good chunck of time on this. Looks great.

OK guys here it is. after 14 hours :lol I'm going to watch the bluray to get the two missing titles in the index but it's pretty much done. Let me know what you would like either the aged or new to print. It's going in the junkyard soon so the run starts here. I'll keep you posted :cool

Thanks for the support

Paul

Thats sweet man. Making me think of making a small Sucker Punch collection (outside of my Sweet Pea stuff).

I'd be down with a straight-print version, that I can weather later...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back