Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS PAGE 5

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of my "holy grail" props.
Been wanting this one for years so I'm happy to have finally gotten one.
I didn't have my camera with me when I began working on it so these pics represent where I am at after most of the major trimming has been done.
My work is not perfect and I have seen this kit built to perfection so I am just going to do the very best I can and have fun doing it.
DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Acme Rocketpack kit build

I'm still not happy with the braided hose. It's 1/4" I got from Lowes. The inside rubber is still too wide, which is why you see in the photos I have pieces of tubing glued in to help shim it out - but the hose still looks too thick.
Anyone with experience here please chime in. If there is a perfect hose for me to get for this I need to know asap.

I'm still not happy with the braided hose. It's 1/4" I got from Lowes. The inside rubber is still too wide, which is why you see in the photos I have pieces of tubing glued in to help shim it out - but the hose still looks too thick.
Anyone with experience here please chime in. If there is a perfect hose for me to get for this I need to know asap.

Wow if I only had the $$ lol Looks like a great kit. :thumbsup
If your into going to a pick and pull or whatever they call it in the US. The 80's Audi's have a throttle body injection system that uses braided lines they are like 8mm maybe worth a look see. They are a tighter weave as well, look more like what your supposed to have pressure rated fuel line. ;) Worth a look if you have the time.

Great job so far! The pack looks great, but the engine pulls look a little rough at the top area, molds must be going out.

Go to McMaster-Carr for the braided hose, looks like you got the brass detail caps from them. You can get the flap Rod ends there as well.

McMaster-Carr

I look forward to seeing your progress!!!

- Jeff

When I saw the title, I was expecting to see a Wile E. Coyote style rocket.
That looks like your off to one heck of start.

-arwa

Go to McMaster-Carr for the braided hose, looks like you got the brass detail caps from them. You can get the flap Rod ends there as well.

McMaster-Carr

I look forward to seeing your progress!!!

- Jeff

What part number in the catalogue am I looking for? With the correct hose fit snug over the pieces glued into the engines?

unnnnnghhh, I NEED one of these. looks great so far, any plans on electronics ?

If there were a pre-made kit I would consider it - but I have zero luck with electronics and any time I try and add them to a project they just bring me to a screeching halt so I think I am just going to focus on doing the best build I can with the skills that I have.

Re: Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build

pack looks great, and some 8-10 mm fuel line hose might work, i think i read they used braided brake line cables tho, i could be wrong.

I've already spent money on two widths of hoses - the one in the pics posted here is the smaller hose and it is still too thick.
Anyone who has built this kit, I need to know exactly what hose to get and how you attach it to the engine pieces. Also, I would need to know the exact brass fitting to go along with the hose.

OK, I think I have the fuel hoses problem solved.
I've just made a deal that'll keep the Empire out of here forever.

I'm sure you've seen this, but on the off chance you haven't, here's an excellent step by step build of the Acme pack: http://www.evan.org/jetpack/index.htm

Yeah, that link came with the kit's parts list.
Im also exchaning emails with someone who has built a few of these before so he has been a help as well.
I may not be able to get more work done on it this week as I am awaiting some parts to arrive.
Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to be working on this!

Man, I miss my pack...it was one of the recast Disney walkaround coustume pieces...missing the engines and radiator.
So I kinda rigged up some things to complete it. The accuracy issues caused me to sell it.
But I still want to get an acme, one of my grail props as well. Best of luck with your build Frosty.
mike

What part number in the catalogue am I looking for? With the correct hose fit snug over the pieces glued into the engines?

I second this - a part number(s) would e great.
Also, since the hobby compressor is no longer available for the fan, what is out there for 'close enough' fans?

I second this - a part number(s) would e great.
Also, since the hobby compressor is no longer available for the fan, what is out there for 'close enough' fans?

I think you can still find them. Alternately, I have seen people make them from sheet metal.

^ Evil Rocketeer just scored some, they might still have some in stock. I recently made one out of real copper so you wouldn't need to paint it. I'll get a picture of it uploaded.

- Jeff

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back