Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS PAGE 5

Re: Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS 11/28

It's been a while since I have been able to get in the shop and work on this, but today I was finally back.

It is all but finished:

Work done today:
-Rocket tips painted using "Alclad Polished Brass"
-Black line under rocket tips hand-painted (too much hassle to tape off and airbrush, paintbrushing was the better option IMO)
-Radiator detailed using black pinstripe tape
-Vent grills glued into place
-Fan glued into place
-Engine flaps, engines, radiator screwed into place

Work to be done:
-Order and attach gas springs to engine flaps
-Purchase and glue into place mesh screen behind the small openings under the radiator
-Design and build display stand
-Have the harness custom made

Here are the photos. Enjoy :thumbsup

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

Looking awesome great attention to detail. :thumbsup I am going to have to break down eventually and buy a kit I do believe.

Looking awesome great attention to detail. :thumbsup I am going to have to break down eventually and buy a kit I do believe.

My gratitude for the kind words:)
I'm looking forward to getting the last few details worked out and getting this baby home - but first I REALLY need to design and build a suitable display stand so it has somewhere to "live" when I get it home.

Beautiful.

Simply beautiful.

Well done!

It's an expensive kit, however if you have alot of love for this movie and this prop it will be worth it.
Getting it to where it is now was all a labor of love and glad I only had to do it all once - I can't imagine doing this again!

Looks Awesome Frosty, great job! :thumbsup

Where to put it was an issue I had with mine as well, ended up mounting it on the wall.

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone!
And Brad, I will assume you like it too despite being compared to Corey Feldman haha!
If I had his career as an actor, I'd be happy - Im going to be stuck doing dinner theater for a while until I get "discovered".....

And Brad, I will assume you like it too despite being compared to Corey Feldman haha!
If I had his career as an actor, I'd be happy - Im going to be stuck doing dinner theater for a while until I get "discovered".....

Oh hell yeah. I am not a Rocketeer fan but this pack is SICK!! Plus I wouldn't mind having had Feldmans career OR his ex-wife:

2749072.jpg

I'm going to have to build a crate with foam fitting inside to get it home. I have to keep it safe until I have the time to build a display stand for it.

Just fly home with it. :lol Looks like it could do it, seriously great build.

Thank you so much!
Since I'm going to have to take off the engine flaps anyway to attach the gas springs, I was thinking I just may go ahead and heat weather the flaps.
I know it will get some flat black but I was thinking of doing that metallic blue look on the outskirts of the black.
Does anyone have any recommendations for the color scheme of the heat weathering?
Example pictures would be appreciated.

the one prop ive been putting off for like forever

So I'm looking for a flat black center, with the edges going from blue to purple to yellow.
Id like to make it as subtle as possible, so the look I want will have more flat black but Aaron, if you have the paints I could use them.
Hit me up sometime...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back