MR Ultrasabers Converted FX Lightsabers, a Good Alternative to LE Sabers

Boba Debt

Master Member
Recently I decided to downsize my collection and started selling off about 90% of it.

I thought I could save a lot of space by displaying the .45 scaled lightsabers for most of the characters but once I received a few of them I realized that although they are quite detailed, they are too small.

So I have been re-buying a lot of the sabers that I just sold.

I picked up a few so far but some like the PM Obi Wan saber could be very expensive to buy.

So I decided to go FX sabers for a couple of them.

I was having a difficult time finding a Darth Maul saber. I had an FX version but it would be impossible to display it in my new cabinets. Then I discovered Ultrasabers conversion. It was just what I was looking for and my saber is already shipped to get converted.

Since I discovered US, I have been looking at other FX versions

I could never be happy with an ANH Obi FX but I love the PM version I just picked up, which already had the Ultra Saber Conversion.

I'm also considering the Yoda, Mace and Dooku Sabers.

Are these good choices?

Do the FX sabers have the same issues as the LE Sabers (peeling grips)

Is there anything I should be aware of?

Feel free to post images of your US conversions below.

Thanks

I would be wary of US conversions. There are many that are upset with the product received. Many of the bladeholders they use are plastic and not metal. Good conversions use metal bladeholders. (So they can withstand moderate dueling). US has also been known to use lug nuts as heatsinks for their LED's. I have an US saber that I took apart, and found a lug nut...:angry If I were you, I would do some more research on them. Don't look at the feedback on their site, because it is monitored by them. I would choose another saber smith to do the job if you can't o it yourself. If you can do it yourself, buy the FX saber and then buy the kit from TCSS (good metal bladeholders!). I hope this information helps you. I have an US product, and wil never buy from them again.

I found this thread on FX. It has the info that I stated. Ultra says he is using aluminum LED modules, but it still doesn't make up for the price gouging.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30091.0

Last edited:
Are the hasbro FX sabers made of metal?

I already had the MR FX saber so I figured it would be the most economical way to do this

Are the hasbro FX sabers made of metal?

I already had the MR FX saber so I figured it would be the most economical way to do this

Yes, the FX sabers are metal. FX sabers use metal and plastic parts. The main bodies are metal, and the pommels are metal. The part that holds the blade is usually plastic. When converting though, you usually want the metal bladeholder to make it more sturdy. If you already have an FX saber that isn't converted, I would suggest buying a kit from TCSS and doing it yourself. There are tutorials on the TCSS forum (thecustomsabershop.com).

When MR turned over the license. The static hilts went to eFx and the FX went to Hasbro. Since they have done them, it appears that they are the exact same as what MR did in the past. About a year ago, they came out with the new removable blade design. Most TRU stores sell them and usually has try-me display of the Maul (at least the ones here do). So you might want to take a look and see if you like it. About a month ago, someone posted a review of the Luke ANH FX in this forum. It has a socket plug that you can stick in the hole when not using the blade to increase the accuracy as a static hilt. I am looking forward to the Kitt Fisto FX coming soon.

I'm not sure TRU is the best place to buy (I forget their price) but at least you can see the hilt. Make sure it states "removable". If you do like them, you can find some good places to buy with free shipping like Lightsabers and some places on amazon.

I have decided that the FX sabers with removable blades are the perfect fit for the new direction of my reduced collection.

At this point in my life I'm not that concerned with 100% accuracy.

Most of the new FX sabers are very affordable and representative of the props. For the few that aren't (AOTC Qui Gonn, ANH Obi Wan, ROTJ Luke, etc) I will go static hilts.

I already have the New Kit Fisto Saber and I just ordered the Luke and Vader ANH Sabers. I should be getting my Maul Saber back from Ultrasabers very soon. Now I just have to wait for the rest to come out.

I have decided that the FX sabers with removable blades are the perfect fit for the new direction of my reduced collection.

Most of the new FX sabers are very affordable and representative of the props. For the few that aren't (AOTC Qui Gonn, ANH Obi Wan, ROTJ Luke, etc) I will go static hilts.

I already have the New Kit Fisto Saber and I just ordered the Luke and Vader ANH Sabers. I should be getting my Maul Saber back from Ultrasabers very soon. Now I just have to wait for the rest to come out.

You will not be disappointed with vader anh. I heard good things about the Luke anh as well.

I actually prefer The fx sabers & customs over the LEs. Its kinda cool to have a a lightsaber that has.working effects.

Ok, I received my Vader and LUke sabers and removing the stickers sucks.

Acetone based polish remover doesn't seem to work on the glue residue too well.

Any suggestions

Ok, I received my Vader and LUke sabers and removing the stickers sucks.

Acetone based polish remover doesn't seem to work on the glue residue too well.

Any suggestions

100%Isopropanol...it'll clean the residue right off. Just use it on the metal parts but not the plastic fittings.

I know! What is up with those decals? Why not make the yellow type as easy to remove as the clear ones.

I uses a wooden toothpick (less likely to scratch ) to get as much as I can off, then use a little Goo Gone on the remaining decal and residue.

Now I feel bad, that you sold me your Vader ANH :unsure

Markus

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back