Spaceballs: Eagle 5

Ha! The Falcon is parked on the Diner deck . . .never caught that!! Looks like the Space Shuttle is there too! Too funny . . .

I have been working on some scale drawings of the eagle 5 from spaceballs in 1/64 scale. I have a few minor details to finish but if anyone wants to check them out I can send you a copy. To answer some of the questions it is a 1986 chieftain 33 ft. I've been researching and up dating the drawing for a while. It is in autosketch so I'll have to convert it to something else. Let me know.

I have a low res tif of it I'll upload at lunch. I am still adding detail to the wing assembles. But I have figured out the actual shape and size of the intakes on another piece of paper. I'll send them when i get done detailing it. I'll convert it to pdf tonight for you.

thats a great start! May I ask where did you get the dimensions for the wings? does anyone know the whereabouts of the model for measurement?

I would like to build a model also for my girlfriend...believe it or not it is her favorite movie!

Thanks in advance

Here is a low res jpg of the eagle 5 I've been working on. I know the top view of the nose is off a little, still tinkering on it.
Nice work! Regarding the "nose", the front end of the '86 Chieftain 33 is more like a shallow curved shape, and does not come to a point.

thats a great start! May I ask where did you get the dimensions for the wings? does anyone know the whereabouts of the model for measurement?

I would like to build a model also for my girlfriend...believe it or not it is her favorite movie!

Thanks in advance

Sorry it's been so long to respond. I made a scale using the wheels as a reference and a copy of cineflicks plus some screen shots I tinkered with the math until it looked right. I forgotten that I posted the pdf until recently when I came across a resin model for sale and they were using my drawings as an instruction sheet. Theirs is in 1/72 scale and they printed their own copyright on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work! Regarding the "nose", the front end of the '86 Chieftain 33 is more like a shallow curved shape, and does not come to a point.

I'm still tinkering on that.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back