TDKR Bane's Mask

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone, I know some people are going to take a crack at this item, and I think it is not all that difficult. Here are some great photos from the Heinz Field shoot that I had the fortune to be an extra in.

Some good shots of Tom Hardy entertaining us courtesy of beinamovie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TKR Bane's Mask

Um, Bane is not in Team Knight Rider (which is TKR for short). Bane is in The Dark Knight Rises.

those are cool close up shots. But am I alone just feeling underwhelmed watching bane in this form? Doesn't scare or intimidate me. your pics are soo good that you can see really good detail in the mask tho!!!

I think you are not alone agliarept, but from what I have seen at Heinz, he will have a great presence in the film. These pictures of of Tom Hardy trying to entertain us, the other pictures are low quality from far away. In the film, he is going to be right in front of it all, looking huge and doing some major damage to the city of Gotham. But yeah, at first I thought he looked like an action figure.

Yeah, that's the one that really proved it to me... Look at all the textures that would need to be matched. Not to mention finding the correct diameter of piping with the right texture which would then have to be configured to the correct angles and such. Only to then be matched into the sculpture which would have to be shaped to look like they run through the face mask.

All of this is trumped by trying to match the "cut" of the face mask AND make it generic enough for an average head so that anyone can wear it. Plus all the side greeblies would need to be hashed out as well...

What I guess I mean to say was that a copy of this that was ANYWHERE NEAR ACCURATE would be ridiculously complicated...

I would ATTEMPT it if there was enough interest but it'd be a biatch...

Ribbed piping would not be difficult to find or reproduce. The entire thing would probably have to be done in Urethane rubber so making it adjustable would not be difficult.

Like most things, if you take it one step at a time, it is not that complicated.

6 ribbed pipes, 4 smooth pipes with ribbed joints, 4 smooth pipes, mesh mouth piece, geometric shapes and little greeblies.

I've marked in red where a whole section could be velcro'd on.

The pipes look static to me (not real hollow tubes). A sculpt would be challenging but I know we have members here who could pull it off. I think the velcro could work as long as the different sizes weren't drastic enough to show.

This mask reminds of the joker detonator as I was also told that could never be made, but thankfully some people proved the critics wrong :)

I have such a hard time seeing this version as the hulk like bane in the comics. I know I know, this is not the comics. I have faith in Nolan; just very underwhelmed as my first impression. It was the opposite for me when I saw teaser photos of the Ledger Joker. God luck with the prop. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I have such a hard time seeing this version as the hulk like bane in the comics. I know I know, this is not the comics. I have faith in Nolan; just very underwhelmed as my first impression. It was the opposite for me when I saw teaser photos of the Ledger Joker. God luck with the prop. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I was actually a little underwhelmed by Ledger's Joker at very first. Didn't take too long to get excited about him though.

Being at the stadium myself, experiencing the presence of the character, I think he is going to be great.

I've attached a photo where you can see my friends and I in the third row.

Just saw a pretty cool bane mask on ebay. Probably not 100% accurate or anything, but its pretty well done. How did the people here on therpf get scooped out of this..lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back