Major Matt Mason Astronaut costume

Cameron - those look awesome to me! :thumbsup

I have an old Mattel Agent Zero M Sonic Blaster that will get converted into a 'Chemical Gun' after I get the suit taken care of. The conversion is going to be along the lines of cosmetic mods that don't destroy the Sonic Blaster.

Thanks!

I've been painting Liquid Latex on some of my accordion joint sections, and waiting for the coats to cure.

Does anyone have any experience using a product called 'Casting Craft Transparent Dye'?
Transparent Dyes | Environmental Technology Inc

I have a large clear acrylic dome that I'm going to be cutting down for the visor, and was seriously considering trying to get http://tinyurl.com/4x94lq3 it amber-tinted before attacking with the Dremel.

While I have used Tamiya's Transparent Acrylics in the past, I already had this stuff on hand, and just wanted to check for other folks' experiences - do's and don'ts.

Just saw this thread. Great costume choice !

Chalk me down to a pre-conditioned, read, 'Munson'.

I was trying to imagine Matt in a six-million-dollar-man style costume :lol

I'll have some more new progress pics up later today!

Here's the clear helmet globe, tinted, and ready to be trimmed down to just being a visor:

It's getting there! Is that also a 12" globe and will it just stretch open over the other globe once it's cut out as a visor shape, or is it the slightly larger one?
Have you used car window tint rattle cans to spray the yellow tint shade on the inside.

Yes, rattle-can -- I used Krylon Stained Glass Transparent Yellow and was very pleased with the effect.

The clear globe is 12 inches, the same size as the other white opaque globe, and if I am careful in cutting the clear one, it *should* be able to swing open or shut.

Same way that I did for the white globe: tape carefully in the areas I'll be cutting, mark the tape with 'cut here, dummy!' notes, and after donning my shop glasses, firing up the Dremel. For it, I have one of the better metal saw blades -- I forget the TPI for it, but it's great on acrylic. I use medium speed, and work as carefully as I can.

Here's some shots of the toy-size helmet featuring the visor:

Joe you've brought back a part of my youth. I had forgotten about Major Matt Mason until this thread. I had the whole space station.:thumbsup I even had the space crawler.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back