Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Update 11/3

Re: Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build)

Wow, i just joined and was looking at Red hood threads and was blown away by your work. Truely amazing job, cant wait to see the finished product. Any suggestions by chance for red hood costume ideas?

I cant believe i have never seen this DC character before! That costume is gonna be absolutely class!:D Looking forward to seeing it all smoothed down. Is this going to be the final look of your costume??

9376L.jpg

Wow, i just joined and was looking at Red hood threads and was blown away by your work. Truely amazing job, cant wait to see the finished product. Any suggestions by chance for red hood costume ideas?

Thank you :). That means a lot since this is my first time doing any of this lol. For the Red Hood ideas I would say it depends what your going for. There are many versions of the Red Hood. There's the original Joker version then there are various Jason Todd versions. My is based of the new animated film. Just search for Red Hood images and you'll see there are quite a few, I personally like the "motorcycle" look. The Batman version is awesome too but that would have been a build far beyond my capabilities.

Anywho, if you have any questions of what I have already done ask away.
I cant believe i have never seen this DC character before! That costume is gonna be absolutely class!:D Looking forward to seeing it all smoothed down. Is this going to be the final look of your costume??

9376L.jpg

Yes I'm trying to get as close to that as possible with the little skills I have lol. The only thing thats going to be off is the jacket as i couldn't find myself a brown one. So I am using a black one (I prefer black anyways
:lol)

Thanks

Hi
if you have the money and the patience to research, you can find the bits to the costume. I think I spent about £300 altogether but obviuosly spread over a few months. The faux leather jacket was from ebay £48( korean shop)(thinking of customizing it now, change the collar etc), trousers £23 by Russel Workwear, Army boots were £43, I think my OCD may of took over. Some bits were simply looking at stores that might have the bits and pricing up, strapping etc. If you'd like some help/with any costume details I'm happy to help and let you know how I made them.

Great work so far. I really like this version of the helmet... after seeing your work it makes me want to try one next also ;).

Hi
if you have the money and the patience to research, you can find the bits to the costume. I think I spent about £300 altogether but obviuosly spread over a few months. The faux leather jacket was from ebay £48( korean shop)(thinking of customizing it now, change the collar etc), trousers £23 by Russel Workwear, Army boots were £43, I think my OCD may of took over. Some bits were simply looking at stores that might have the bits and pricing up, strapping etc. If you'd like some help/with any costume details I'm happy to help and let you know how I made them.

Thanks for the the suggestions. Yea those Russel Workwear pants look good, but I think I'm going to go with pants without cargo pockets. I was thinking of these Dickies, what do you think?

Multi-Use Pocket Work Pant | Men's Pants | Dickies.com

Looking good pal...seems like you are getting to grips with applying the bondo :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Finding time to work on this is harder than I'd like :/

But here's a small update: I did a rough sand to see how things would shape out. As you can see theres still a lot of work to be done lol.
IMG_20110825_202540.jpg

IMG_20110825_202545.jpg

IMG_20110825_202558.jpg

IMG_20110825_202614.jpg

IMG_20110825_202720.jpg

IMG_20110825_202727.jpg

Looking great! There is alot of work in bondo but when you do it right the results are amazing! I can honestly say that it looks like you have the hang of it. You should have it smoothed out in no time. I'm just now on the fiberglassing stage of my Red Hood. I'm doing both of my version 1 & 2 at the same time, along with my new Slade helmet. I will also be making a thread of my own.

Looks good, in some of the pics it looks like the helmet has teeth. Very army of two-esque.

Cool can't wait to see your build. I might try to push myself to have this ready for SacAnime, but not sure if that will happen.

Haha I can see what you mean when you see teeth.

Looking great! There is alot of work in bondo but when you do it right the results are amazing! I can honestly say that it looks like you have the hang of it. You should have it smoothed out in no time. I'm just now on the fiberglassing stage of my Red Hood. I'm doing both of my version 1 & 2 at the same time, along with my new Slade helmet. I will also be making a thread of my own.

Can't wait to get a peek at that Slade helmet. For all the movie and videogame threads that I post in my true passion is comics. If you ever need help figuring out a new helmet to pep let me know. Most of the stuff I learned in high school has since been replaced with comic book minutea.

Ok I got some boots. (Well had them for a few days but haven't post) I was having a hard time finding motorcycle boots that looked the part without being overly expensive :( So I picked up some jungle boots from a local army surplus store. They are not exact but will work.
IMG_20110826_184218.jpg

IMG_20110826_184249.jpg

I was originally just going to make the plates for the boots individually and secure them with elastic, but I thought that they would move around too much when walking. So I used shin guards and put the upper two plates on that and the lower plate will be individual. I am not sure how happy with the look but they don't look that bad.
IMG_20110826_200654.jpg

IMG_20110826_201018.jpg

Comments/suggestions welcome :)

Ok so I worked on the helmet a little more over the last few days. Lots of sanding and a few coats of bondo. I think I got it smoothed out ok so far.
IMG_20110828_131152-Copy.jpg

IMG_20110828_131158-Copy.jpg

IMG_20110828_131205.jpg

After sanding a little more I did a lite coat of primer to see my problem areas. I think I should be done with the bondo now and am moving on to spot putty and more sanding, and maybe wet sanding idk yet.
IMG_20110828_132624.jpg

IMG_20110828_132645.jpg

IMG_20110828_132654.jpg

If you guys spot any areas I should look over feel free to let me know. It will help me out so I will take no offense.

Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back