Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Update 11/3

Curious where you got the knife pep file...that looks very similar to Jason's knife and I liked the design as an additional weapon cache.

So, I just gotta ask, what is the base material? I'm interested in trying this out, love the build, looks great, just wondering what materials are needed. Thanks ahead of time.

So, I just gotta ask, what is the base material? I'm interested in trying this out, love the build, looks great, just wondering what materials are needed. Thanks ahead of time.

The base is a pepakura model created by Blackkaos. Then assembled in cardstock, then hardened, then body filler, sanding, sanding, sanding, then paint.

You'll need the file (from Blackkaos)
Cardstock 150lbs
Resin (polyester or Epoxy)
Body filler
Sanding supplys
Then paint

On another note, I plan on remaking this helm. I want to create a helm that is more form fitted. To accomplish this I am going to make it into a 2 piece helm that clamshells similar to MMPR helmets. Will be doing this after finishing my Stealth Iron Man build.

If all goes well I may even try to my hand at molding and casting

Re: Red Hood Build Version 2

Thanks for the kind words and blackkaos your welcome.

So I got the resining for the helm done today and will start fiberglassing the inside tomorrow. Also did the knife. I have to wait a little longer between steps because I am using a epoxy resin which takes longer to cure than polyester. I used epoxy cuz I live in an apartment and I think the neighbors/manager wouldn't be too happy with the fumes. The epoxy is hardening quite nice though.

Here's some pics. I like the profile of this version so much :)
Hi...im newbie here...:)
wooowww...!!! :eek
This is the best "Redhood" helmet i've seen...:love
Nice work bro....:thumbsup
anyway, can u give me the link to download the pep file...???:D
i want make it one too....:D
please....:cry

hey, love the detailed tutorial xD
I'm just starting on making the helmet myself, and I was wondering if you still had a copy of the pepakura file of the knife?
Since its much easier to bring a paper knife to cons than a real knife or wood knife :p

Everyone asking about the red hood file, please read the first post. It was purchased from blackkaos. If you wish to have the file you must get it from him.

The base is a pepakura model created by Blackkaos. Then assembled in cardstock, then hardened, then body filler, sanding, sanding, sanding, then paint.

You'll need the file (from Blackkaos)
Cardstock 150lbs
Resin (polyester or Epoxy)
Body filler
Sanding supplys
Then paint
Good lord, I wanted to do this but 150 lbs seems a bit out of my price range. Sorry if this comes off as being ignorant, but I have never done pepurka before, does it usually take this much (I doubt that the helmet weighs that much but still...)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back