Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Update 11/3

Re: Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Painting Stage

This looks great! I loved this movie. Just a thought, if you used a dremmel, you can adjust the bit using a guide to only go as deep as you set it, as low as only several millimeters. This way, you wont have to worry about scoring too deep and going through your helmet.

I also love that color. It looks perfect. I'm going to be watching this closely.

Looks great! Where can I find this pep file?
Thanks. The file can be had from Blackkaos. Just pm him and hell get you what you need.

This looks great! I loved this movie. Just a thought, if you used a dremmel, you can adjust the bit using a guide to only go as deep as you set it, as low as only several millimeters. This way, you wont have to worry about scoring too deep and going through your helmet.

I also love that color. It looks perfect. I'm going to be watching this closely.

Thanks. Cool I didn't know there were guides available. It sounds like that would be the perfect solution for me. What do these bits look like or where can I purchase them from?

OMG!!! That is fantastic! I'm glad I got this pep from Blackkaos also and am in the process of assembling it also--- but my mind is rolling and rolling and I might be using it as a base to start something that I think will turn out pretty cool.

Thanks. The file can be had from Blackkaos. Just pm him and hell get you what you need.

Thanks. Cool I didn't know there were guides available. It sounds like that would be the perfect solution for me. What do these bits look like or where can I purchase them from?

Hey dude, thought I'd try answer the dremel thing, you can sink the drill bit in so deep you only go so deep or as the chap mentioned above(it may be a adjustable sheathe, check dremel official web site to the adjustment, and shop around for it on internet or ebay, it'll be cheaper. I'll search tomorrow and see if I can find the piece mentioned. admire your work, can't wait to see your finished results

Hey dude, thought I'd try answer the dremel thing, you can sink the drill bit in so deep you only go so deep or as the chap mentioned above(it may be a adjustable sheathe, check dremel official web site to the adjustment, and shop around for it on internet or ebay, it'll be cheaper. I'll search tomorrow and see if I can find the piece mentioned. admire your work, can't wait to see your finished results

Cool thanks that would be very helpful. I'm also playing around with ideas for the eyes. I love the lens way that you and Darth mon....? Not sure how to spell that lol but I am concerned about the fogging issue. I was thinking that if I do the lenses I could probably use black mesh around the eye openings to allow venting and attach the lenses to the mesh. Or I may use clear lenses and have a local vinyl decal shop may me some black vinyl decals with white eye effect.

We'll see what happens though...

Re: Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Painting

Hey dude, I think the Dremel attachments are either the MultitoolCutting kit 565 or Wall tile cutting kit 566, they both have adjustable depths on them.
I'm going to redoo my lenses,still keeping the mirrored lense, I bought some aluminium mesh from an autostore which I will spray black, from a distance it will still look black but hopefully lenses won't fog. Will work on it this week and let you know.

Re: Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Painting

Hey dude, I think the Dremel attachments are either the MultitoolCutting kit 565 or Wall tile cutting kit 566, they both have adjustable depths on them.
I'm going to redoo my lenses,still keeping the mirrored lense, I bought some aluminium mesh from an autostore which I will spray black, from a distance it will still look black but hopefully lenses won't fog. Will work on it this week and let you know.

That sounds like a good idea too. I hope it works out for you. Thanks for the info on the Dremel kit.

No real update except that I bought a few different lenses to start test fitting them. Hopefully I can really work on it this weekend. Since this is my last semester of college, the amount of school work is intense.

But anyway here are some more photos of the helmet and the different lenses I'll be trying out.

Its pretty glossy. I still haven't applied the matte clear coats yet because I need to add the black lines and black out the eyes first.
IMG_20110913_153305.jpg

IMG_20110913_153250.jpg

IMG_20110913_153318.jpg

With Flash.
IMG_20110913_154737.jpg

Without Flash
IMG_20110913_154755.jpg

A few of test fitting
IMG_20110913_152922.jpg

IMG_20110913_153013.jpg

IMG_20110913_153022.jpg

IMG_20110913_153032.jpg

That helmet is awesome! Are all of those lenses mirrored? If they are I would try Plain black lenses as they would look a whole lot better with the blackout around the eyes. IMO...

That helmet is awesome! Are all of those lenses mirrored? If they are I would try Plain black lenses as they would look a whole lot better with the blackout around the eyes. IMO...

Thanks. Two sets are mirrored and the one is just a dark tint that is slightly mirrored. Yea that's what I may end up doing with maybe some white perforated vinyl to make the "white eye" effect.

Thanks. Two sets are mirrored and the one is just a dark tint that is slightly mirrored. Yea that's what I may end up doing with maybe some white perforated vinyl to make the "white eye" effect.

Now that would be cool too. best of luck to you.

Re: Red Hood Build Version 2 (Noob Build) Paint Pg 3

Still working on my Red Hood, just sharing what I plan to take on next.
IMG_20110914_211419.jpg

IMG_20110914_211426.jpg

IMG_20110914_211413.jpg

Thanks to Robo3687 creator & Graphic Jordan for publicly releasing the file :)

Last edited:

Looks great! Some padding, lenses and lines (If you plan on doing the lines) and you should be set. Can't wait to see what you do with the lenses.

You really need to be thanking ROBO3687 as he was the one who modeled for me via a commission.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back