Mortal Kombat!

DANQUISH

I made this costume 11 years ago for Hallowe'en, but I only got into serious cosplay 2 years ago.
As a result, I gave the whole thing a redux and added some new details to the mix.

Presently, my wife (Sonya) and I are gearing up for DragonCon 2011 where we will be sporting 2 cosplays each. (pics to follow)
rest_and_reflect_by_deunan4g63-d3fgpn4.jpg

fight_by_deunan4g63-d3fgpto.jpg
reptile_vs_mario_by_deunan4g63-d3j2ypy.jpg

reptile_by_deunan4g63-d3j1471.jpg

Honestly, I don't like the way a lot of the MK ninja costumes look, but yours is one of the few that gets the bad ass feel of it down! I hope I can run into you and the Mrs. on Labor Day weekend!

@Celtic007:

Good call/find on that mask! I had a hard time finding one that I actually liked, and so as a result, my face mask isn't 100% content accurate....for that I fail :(

@sczmajor:

Too late....in fact, I just finished my 2nd cosplay, weapons n all......;)

@Lando:

Thank you! I was worried the first time I wore this costume to a 'con that I might be showing how old I was......;) (whoa! they had video games in 1992?!)

@cfh935
My wife's tolerance of my nerdiness is borderline saintly.....but she understands how much fun it can be.....All it will take is one 'con with your wife as your cosplay partner and she'll be hooked! :D

@ne0ven0m
Looking forward to it!!! we're registered for the parade on Saturday and I want make sure we see EVERYTHING! so we'll be around for sure!

Honestly, I don't like the way a lot of the MK ninja costumes look, but yours is one of the few that gets the bad ass feel of it down!

Totally agree. For such a relatively straight-forward costume, I think a lot of people fail to pull this off, but yours looks great! Your wife also looks AWESOME as Sonya! I always loved Kerri Hoskins as Sonya and think your wife does a great job pulling that off.

@ne0ven0m
Looking forward to it!!! we're registered for the parade on Saturday and I want make sure we see EVERYTHING! so we'll be around for sure!

You'll be in the parade too? And come to think of it, Reptile would fall under video game so we could well be in the same section. I'm coming as a Wild West take on Mario with my gf as Peach. I'm sure we'd be easy to spot. If I see you, I'll definitely come say hey.

Danquish, you and your wife rocked that, man! Were you the Reptile that came up to my boyfriend and I as Logan 5 and Jessica 6 and told us "Thank you for bringing back my childhood!"??

I'm really hoping to get Mileena done soon. I want to make a full teeth prosthetic, just because I've never seen that done and I think it would be scary awesome! I don't know who my boyfriend wants to be at the moment. Either Scorpion or Sub Zero.

Danquish, you and your wife rocked that, man! Were you the Reptile that came up to my boyfriend and I as Logan 5 and Jessica 6 and told us "Thank you for bringing back my childhood!"??

Indeed, twas I. :)
And thanks again for those great cosplays. I had a total g33k moment when I saw you two! my thought process was pretty much:
a) COOL! LOGAN'S RUN!!!!!!
b) holee crap, I'm old.

I'm really hoping to get Mileena done soon. I want to make a full teeth prosthetic, just because I've never seen that done and I think it would be scary awesome! I don't know who my boyfriend wants to be at the moment. Either Scorpion or Sub Zero.

Scary awesome is right: it's the littlest of details that can really make a cosplay stand out. If your boyfriend wants to be sub zero, perhaps I could sew a tabard for him......;)

Same time next year? ;)

And so, Dragon Con 2011 came and went and we had a great time.
Plans are already underway for next year and I am actively working on our newest additions to the cosplay repetoire.

The parade was a blast, the weather was great, and I guess our cosplays turned out okay because we had SOOO many pics taken :D

I can't wait till next year! wooot!
kombat_ready__by_deunan4g63-d49aqnp.jpg

kombatants_by_deunan4g63-d49snx8.jpg

Davin01rev.jpg

kickass costumes!! i've always wanted to do a scorps cosplay, but i'm blessed with scrawny arms :D

fine looking lady there too, sir. well done on both fronts :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back