My handmade Harry Potter wands....xenophillius lovegood's wand added

Hazelrah

I wanted to finally show off some of the hand carved wands I've been making lately. I am thinking of putting them up in the junkyard if the reception here is good enough so let me know what you think :)

ReplicaSiriusBlackWand.jpg

Sirius Blacks wand
ReplicaMcGonigalWand.jpg

mcgonigal's wand (still needs a crystal for the back)
ReplicaElderWand.jpg

dumbeldore's wand
ReplicaBellatrix.jpg

bellatrix's wand
100_4700_00.jpg

hermione's wand
27-Copy.jpg

Remus lupin's wand
ReplicaVoldermortWand.jpg

voldemort's wand
ReplicaUmbridge.jpg

delores umbridge's wand
ReplicaRonWeasley.jpg

ron weasley's wand
ReplicaArthurWeasleyWand.jpg

arthur weasley's wand
ReplicaCedricDiggory.jpg

cedric diggory's wand
ReplicaLunaLovegoodWand.jpg

luna lovegoods wand
100_4942.jpg

severus snape's wand
ReplicaPavartiPatilWand.jpg

pavarti patil's wand
100_4698-Copy.jpg

cho chang's wand
ReplicaXenophiliusLovegood.jpg

xenophillius lovegood's wand
Some of the pictures aren't the best and I apologize... There are a couple more that I can't find the pictures for so when I do I'll post them as well.

Again... let me know what you think :)

Last edited:
Re: My handmade Harry Potter wands....

Well done, brilliant job! I especially like the Voldemort wand. :)

Thank you... I am pleased with that one as well since it was my first wand I did as a commission for a friend of mine. I am hoping to resupply my stock of holly wood soon so that I can make another one... yew is rather hard to find where I am and it is rather a pain to work with.

Oh, these are just terrific! Very fine workmanship! What will you be asking for them? ...there are a few I'd really love!:thumbsup

That it was your first wand makes it even more impressive. :)

Personally, I've been looking for a decent Draco Malfoy wand, as simple as it is. Will you be making one of those?

I would be asking $50 for my replica wands... including a nice display box

I have done a Draco wand before... that is one of the wands I can't find the pictures for. I actually made it for a friends son for christmas but I could very easily make another one :)

For yew wood, THIS is a decent place to buy it for cheap, they have decent shipping prices. Not the largest pieces, however, not more than 1.5" thick.

I saw that... only problem is that they are only 12" lengths which is a bit short to be as accurate as I would like. That and the sap from yew is poisonous so it requires much more care while working with it since I have a 2 year old running around the house.

It's true, it works best to use their stuff if the handle and shaft are separate pieces. However, the yew wood they have is pretty much completely dry and sap-free, as far as I can tell. Either that or I'm gonna drop dead of yew-sap inhalation soon.

I know most of those sites have kiln dried wood so hopefully you are safe. I used holly for my first voldemort wand because it has such a tight grain and is about as white as you van get... gives that nice bone effect. :)

Nice work man, you really did all of this by hand only?? My favorite is snape's wand, it is the best :p

Well with a wood lathe and all the details and carvings done by hand with a dremel and knives and files :) but yes it was all my hand .

12" might be short for doing screen accurate wands, but most of the wands mentioned in the books were 12" or shorter. A lot of the movie wands also have a bit of detail somewhere between the grip and the shaft that you could use to hide a joint.

True... there are a few wands that I have done that were 2 pieces simply because they couldn't be turned on a lathe otherwise, or to join drastically different woods. I like to try to keep my wands in the 13" to 15" range... some are even longer than that just for accuracy's sake.

That's what I've done with all the wands I've made. I have a handle from one material, and the wand shaft from another. Almost all of mine have been lathe turned wands tho.

I would say 90% of mine are lathe turned as well. Even the voldemort wand I turned the shaft and as much as I could before hand carving the rest.

They are looking good. :eek
Wood is by far my favorite material to work on by hand.

Thank´s for sharing. :thumbsup

I am really enjoying working with wood on the lathe. I am really wanting to try my hand at doing some walking sticks with movie or video game themes :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back