JAWS: Memoiries from Martha's Vineyard book--expanded edition coming 9/25!

Probe Droid

Master Member
FYI: I just got an advance copy of the book JAWS: Memories from Martha's Vineyard by Matt Taylor. I have't read a word of the text, so can't vouch for that, but the pix are incredible. If you're a JAWS fan it's probably worth purchasing.

Last edited:
Re: JAWS: Memoiries from Martha's Vineyard book

I finally ordered it because it is on Amazon now, with a discount. I can't wait to read this! Couldn't justify the price of the deluxe edition with the dvd and fragment of the Orca, but the regular edition is a no-brainer.

I can't wait to see this book! If I only purchase one film related book this year the Jaws book will be it. If you have a chance and/or the time, please post some of your favorite pics.

Good to see you back! I phoned you several months ago to thank you for your last wave of generosity. In case you didn't receive it - THANKS AGAIN! It was a total surprise and a very good one at that!

A little something for my fellow Quint heads. It's hard to read the text, but it gives some background on the harpoon gun.
p1050077n.jpg
[/URL]

I had the book's website bookmarked to order, now I'm glad I waited and ordered it from Amazon just now. Bonus.... using some Amazon points and paying nothing.

I really wish I could justify the uber expensive version but alas, I cannot.

Very nice. Thanks!

I was lucky to have seen that gun at an exhibit in 2004 in Chicago.
140474709_11e494dc90_o.jpg

Oh, you dawg. Would love to see that in person.

Dude, resend your PM, my box was full before, and I couldn't receive it.

Wow... just wow. I love the movie but not a huge fan of the props and all the follow up, but I think I need that book!

I hope it isn't just a re-vamped version of ` The JAWS -Log & The Making of Jaws paperbacks that came out back in 1975 put into a new book......I hope there is a bunch of new and un-heard stories, etc....

The core purpose of the book is to allow the locals who worked on it in any capacity to share their memories, pix, etc., so while some of it will be familiar territory to diehards, there should be plenty of new info.

The book's website.

bought this book back in June off their website; worth the money. lots of pics and interesting behind the scene stories.

Hands down the best book ever written on a movie...any movie...period! The price of the book is worth it for the rare pictures alone. It's so well done and a must have for any movie buffs collection! If your on the fence, jump over, it's that good!!!

I'm flattered to be in the acknowledgements of this book. Supercool honor for a JAWS nut like me. :)

It's a great read with tons of new images, highly recommended.

Al

I got my copy, but other than a cursory flip through, I'm sort of saving it for next summer when I get in the "Jaws Mood". It's a real seasonal thing for me. But it is a beautiful looking book.

I've so got to have this book! I've always loved this film. I guess the dvd that comes with the limited edition wont ever be available separately? :cry

I have this book and I guess it depends on what you are really looking for, as to whether it's THE best Jaws book ever written. My opinion is sadly "no".

While it is a good book and no doubt the pictures are incredible, it seemed lacking for me. I enjoyed "The Jaws Log" and "The Making of Jaws" more. Most of this book seems to be an 'outsiders' view of it. Granted, that is what it is supposed to be. Stories from the people who were at Matha's Vineyard when it was filmed.

I really didn't care to read about all these people and their "nonJaws" life. I wanted more about Bruce and the actors and actual making of the scenes instead of an outsiders view of it. Which the other two aforementioned books do.

However, if you are a huge Jaws fan then this book IS a must. It's frakkin' HUGE. And zillions of photos you've never seen before. It's a good book but it seems more for the masses to me. Not great for a special effects junkie.

FYI for my fellow JAWS nuts, an expanded (16 more pages) paperback is being released Sept 25. I just got a review copy and will contact the new publisher (Titan Books), who I know well, to get the gen on exactly what's been added.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back