Modified AMT/ERTL X-Wing Fighter+A-wing

morsesith21

Sr Member
This is the last kit I did before trying my hand at Scratch building. It is origionally the Amt/Ertl X-wing, however I added some more detail to the inside of the wings and rebuilt the cannons out of brass tubing. I had lights in the engines and also r2's head, however, unfortunately I can,t seem to find those pics.

I also included a couple pics of the A-wing(also ERTL) Im not as happy with this one as I am with the x-wing, but I do like the replacement pilot. Hope you enjoy.
Chris

and for background fighters. You can see them in the scene where the rebel fleet comes out of hyperspace in the battle scenes in ROTJ.

Thats interesting, I didn't know either of those. You know I'm so glad that I joined this forum because being a Star Wras fan all my life, I thoght I knew everything. Now This site is teaching me so much about the models that its renewing my excitement about all the ships and vehicles. :lol

If you pull up the pic of Lucas standing next to r2 in the archives surrounded by models, in the bottom left corner behind the b-wing models you can see a row of them on the bench. Also I. The Japanese magazine pic laying on a shelf next to a later version of red4 pyro you also see an mpc.

If you pull up the pic of Lucas standing next to r2 in the archives surrounded by models, in the bottom left corner behind the b-wing models you can see a row of them on the bench. Also I. The Japanese magazine pic laying on a shelf next to a later version of red4 pyro you also see an mpc.

I've always loved that pic. I always wanted to be Lucas surrounded by all those beautiful creations!:lol

I know the TIE Bomber had Vaders TIE parts in it (the wings, which were bulked out a little different). MPC's TIE Interceptor kits (which were part of a 4 snap kit line) weren't released until after ROTJ had wrapped up production, so I doubt parts from them ended up in this picture.

I believe they are the die cast ties that came out in 77 after the movie was released. You can tell because the back of the command modules have the extra part on them so you can hold the toy just like the kenner toy for the action figures. I know because I have one!:love I'll try and get a pic up.

The die cast ties came out in the series with the x-wing, y-wing(which is very rare), the millinium falcon, darth vaders tie and the star destroyer, which had a mini blockade runner in the hangar.

They later released die cast toys for empire which included the tie bomber(VERY rare), slave 1, snowspeeder, and cloud car.

I can't seem to find my tie fighter at the moment but here's a pic I found online. unfortunately I couldn't find a good one of the back.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back