Batman Beyond concept

batfan10

Sr Member
Been working on this for a while and had part of it done till someone advised me that sculpting on a foam head wasnt the best of ideas. :lol but now back to the drawing board! I also had problems shaping the ears to be sharp and smooth (I used a pencil as a skeleton). Anyone have any ideas to achieve this for when I restart this)

concept1.jpg

concept2.jpg

1052079vn3.jpg

That could work.

Right now, I redid the sculpt. I am trying to figure out how to make this a shell, that would be covered with a fabric (like the spider-man suits)

DSC05790.jpg

This is interesting, I've always wondered how a real world beyond would be done especially around the mouth area. In my opinion though I don't know of putting fabric on the entire cowl would be the way to go. But still wanting to see where this goes

I've gave it a go on a bust maquette once. I've hit the same nails as you do; It's somewhat difficult to translate the anime art, with all its deformations, to real-life without losing the Beyond feel.
So, here's my two cents, based on your pics :

-The cowl must be completed by another piece on the mouth, so you have to blend it around the mouth with very thin edges. Lips are not that present. Please try to look for info on special make-up with multiple parts to see how they articulate pieces together.
-The white eyes lenses are smaller, like Oakley lenses without the glasses frames. I know they sometimes appear bigger, but that doesn't really work.
- The ears change size from time to time. They start from the cheekbones and are going up, but they also staying close from the head's width. If you have trouble sculpting because of their own weight, I suggest to use a metal wire mesh and bend it like an elongated pyramid.
- The cheeks and cheekbones have a distinct groove, too high on the face to be realistic. Still, you have to make them appear. Same for the nasolabial fold, which must end on the upper lip corner.

Good luck with your sculpt, looking forward your updates. :)

I think for the eyes the way to go might be doing lenses such as the amazing spiderman style that's being done right now. What if the mouth was molded open on the cowl but then had a smooth piece that attached to cover the mouth with small magnets? I think it could give the function of a real cowl and by attaching the piece when needed/wanted would complete the beyond look

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back