Home Made Spiderman Suit

botts177

Hi guys

Im new to this forum and would just like to introduce myself. Im Wayne, 22 from Hull in the UK. Im a budding entrepreneur and havea heathy passion for graphic design that helps in my t shirt printing business.
I am a massive fan of comics my favorite being spiderman followed by batman but i follow most of the super heros across both Marvel and DC.

Well lets talk about the suit

I came up with the idea to create a suit that wasnt padded as i wanted to go to a fancy dress party and found that the ones from the costume shops were to heavy and bulky and didnt give the look of Spiderman.

So one day i was with one of my freinds talking about how bad the suit looked when she said " i recon i could make one at collage" well this set me off haha. She studys fashion and textile designs so i set to work on my computer designing a suit. tis was back in Feb and had the first designs by march, they needed a few tweeks as my freind said it wouldnt be possable with some of the sewing machines.

Anyway in June we put our final designs into production an wham we had a suit 2 months later. The suit is made out of lycra and spandex wih the web patern heat sealed on by my t shirt printing business.The suit is a 1 pc with a hidden suit across the back and shoulder blades. The eye lenes are made of mesh so that you can see out but looks solid from the outside.

here are some pics please leave feedback

I have left the back undone so you can see were the zip

Please no jokes about my beer belly podge:lol

7202-a.jpg

7206-a.jpg

7204-a.jpg

7205-a.jpg

7203-a.jpg

Thanks for looking guys
Once the zip is done up the suit does get tighter so the wrinkles dissaper

Hope you like it also if i had found this forum earlyier i would of taken pics of each step we went through.

And your lying if you said you made that, that is a common spiderman zentai with shoulder zip. That is a coomon suit. So please tell the truth.

Lycra Spandex Unisex Red Spiderman Costume Outfit Zentai - Milanoo.com

heres where he bought it.

I am aware that you can buy suits like this but the one i am wearing is made by me and my freind. Diffrences are on mine the print is one continus print and on your picture the seam is very visable on the feet. Also my waist band looks thinner.

I'm awaiting the WIP pics, but I do find it interesting that both yours and the Milanoo suit include the "wrong" spider on the front and back.

The one with the bent legs is the symbiote spider, designed for the black suit, not the red and blue.

Care to shed some light on why you made that particular design choice as it is a fairly unique one to the Milanoo suit?

-Nick

Why do people feel the need to randomly post lies? It frustrates me to no end. Why not actually make one? You would get 10x the feedback and most likely it would be positive.

The similarities are...uncanny. Makes one wonder just why anyone would lie about making such, an amateur basic; run of the mill suit.

Why do people feel the need to randomly post lies?

Here is why I think:

This person can't post a For Sale thread in the Junkyard. He found this Spiderman costume for cheap, thinking that no one will know where he got it or for how much.

He then waits for people to rave about it and ask if he can make one for them. He says sure, they will be $150 each. He gets a bunch of people to buy into this and he turns a 100% profit.

Nice try but shouldn't this be a bannable offense?:thumbsdown

Here is why I think:

This person can't post a For Sale thread in the Junkyard. He found this Spiderman costume for cheap, thinking that no one will know where he got it or for how much.

He then waits for people to rave about it and ask if he can make one for them. He says sure, they will be $150 each. He gets a bunch of people to buy into this and he turns a 100% profit.

Nice try but shouldn't this be a bannable offense?:thumbsdown

Apparently it is. ;)

But, guys, he's an entrepreneur!

Surely an entrepreneur - one who rapidly admits to being an entrepreneur on a prop website - wouldn't just be looking to make a quick buck.

Surely it must be about the love of the craft.

...right?

-Nick

I had such grand hopes for this thread. I could have had a lot of fun with it too, but I guess getting him off the board before he caused any real trouble is for the best.

...still, we could have had another Advacned Action Suit on our hands.

Oh well, what's done is done. :p

-Nick

Yeah - it was nice to see some action around here - not just the usual back and fourths - As soon as I read the second post I smiled and got ready for the fun - in the old days people would torture fools like this for 3 or 4 pages.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back