resealing soda bottle ideas?

Wes R

Legendary Member
I want to reseal them and try and seal them enough that they don't let the contents evaporate fast (or get mold). My two ideas so far are 1) corks but this seems like a waste as i'd have to trim the heck out of them so they don't show up or fill the bottles way past where they normally are to hide them. 2) used hot glue inside the caps and press them down so when it dries it forms a seal between bottle and cap.

Anyone else have ideas?

I want to reseal them and try and seal them enough that they don't let the contents evaporate fast (or get mold). My two ideas so far are 1) corks but this seems like a waste as i'd have to trim the heck out of them so they don't show up or fill the bottles way past where they normally are to hide them. 2) used hot glue inside the caps and press them down so when it dries it forms a seal between bottle and cap.

Anyone else have ideas?

GO to Lehman's or to Mr. Beer they sell cappers with new caps very inexpensively.

Mr.Beer - beer kits, home brewing systems, and microbrewery supplies - Mr.Beer - America's #1 Selling Home Brewing Systems - Metal Bottle Caps for caps

Mr.Beer - beer kits, home brewing systems, and microbrewery supplies - Mr.Beer - America's #1 Selling Home Brewing Systems - Hand Bottle Capper for capper

Kitchen*|*Juice and Beverage Making*|*Double Lever Bottle Capper - Lehmans.com Capper from Lehman's

Kitchen*|*Juice and Beverage Making*|*Metal Soda/Pop Bottle Caps - Lehmans.com Caps from Lehman's

Hope this helps.

actually it would so much easier if the bottles where twist top crown style. i'll check those links out though, thanks.

True. I actually got a suggestion from a member on here for a fluid inside that will dry in the colors I want and not shrink much or evaporate. best part is the sell the materials in sample sizes.

You could put some epoxy on the rim of the bottle before capping for an even stronger seal.

I doubt that is really necessary as a crowns seal will last for many many years without issue... There are beer (and soda) bottle collectors with decades old beer bottles and the crown is still holding a seal, just fine or at least well enough to keep the liquid in...

If you really that concerned about a leak you can always lay a thin bead of clear silicone inside the crown (or around the lip of the bottle) before crimping it down...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back