Iron Man MK VI - Foam patterns

Kick the gurus and elites off the throne? Did they do something wrong to you to even say something so strange?
People like me are inspired from these guru's and elite projects

Talk about bite the hand that feeds.

Last edited:
I'm sure Glenn meant it tongue in cheek. Let's just thank those who share and not those who don't. Keep it civil.

Oh I understand where you're coming from. I'm apologize for assuming something different than what you were implying. I looked into it too much
Keep up the good work man.

Aside from my mistake, your file modding is really great.

On a scale of 1-10 skill level, where would this fall? I have absolutely no experience with pep or foam. I have built a few Storm Troopers though. Am I missing something or do I have to join 4Shared to get these?

GlennTech, how different will the V.2.0 Back and Thigh be from V1.0? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait to start the back and maybe redo my thigh with the new pattern. Thanks!

I just wanted to give some people a tip with the files they currently have from Glenn Tech.

Using Pepakura Designer just use this function which will clean everything up and have more smoother pieces that are easier to understand and build. I use this a lot.

right now they look like this:

Before
before.jpg

use the "Join Adjacent Edges" Function as shown
after.jpg

enter the value of 1.00 which is probably default and you're done.

after2.jpg

hope this helps. it will definitely clean it up and have it less complicated looking with all the lines over it.

you can even play around with the number to 2.00 or even 3.00 for even less lines on some sections. I just used 1.00 as an example to show the difference.

I'm sure Glenn is doing this from the looks of his chest already for the new V2 files files to come.
So he has you covered for this armor. :)

but keep it in mind for other future files you mod yourself to make it easy on yourselves in the long run.

good luck everyone.

-STEALTH

Last edited:
Hey Glenn. I figured I'd help out a little. I made the Chest a little more "Green" with a few reduced pages.

Click Link to Download:
IM_Mark 6_Chest_ Created_by Robo3687 - Foam Edit-STEALTH

What I did was remove some unnecessary detail pieces on the ribs that the foam thickness will create on its own.

and I removed the some parts that are mirrored. as you can just take that piece and flip it onto the foam to create the opposite side.

if you need some info on what I mean. Please see this video.
YouTube - TUTORIAL -Using Pepakura Templates with the foam

finalchest.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back