The Dark Knight Rises "POSSIBLE/PROBABLE" Spoiler/Rumor Thread

MooCriket

Master Member
A whole lot out on the web about what the story could be. Some potential spoilers sound fantastic...others not so much.

It will be interesting to see which if any turn out to be true. Here's what's out there so far:

Various sightings of something believed to be a Lazarus Pit. If that is indeed what it is, and we are to believe that Bruce gets his back broken by Bane, Bruce travels to India to be rejuvenated in the Pit.

Josh Pence was sighted in India as a Young Ra's Al Ghul. Theories have involved anything from Young Ra's being alive in MODERN times (in other words, he's back as his rejuvenated self), to Liam Neeson returning. Liam Neeson has been spotted on set in England.

It's been suggested that Ra's Al Ghul trained Bane at a young age.

It's been suggested that Joey King is playing a Young Talia, and that her role will be predominately featured with Josh Pence's Ra's.

Catwoman is apparently one of the most well written characters we’ve seen in these movies so far and she could potentially steal the show the way Heath Ledger did last time. She does some cool stuff in the movie like jumping out of windows and stealing the Batpod. Her back story is that she has a history of abuse and works as a stripper and is also a pickpocket.

It's safe to assume that Marion Cotillard is indeed playing Talia Al Ghul. She infiltrates Wayne Enterprises and becomes close to Bruce by going by the false name of Miranda Tate, only to reveal herself as Ra's Al Ghul's daughter.

Rumors (confirmed or not) have involved Talia killing Lucius Fox.

Talia somehow steals Tumblers and gives them to Bane and his henchmen.

We know of at least three Camo-Tumblers in Pittsburgh.

The suggestion is that Talia and Bane have this plan:

Quote:
- Talia is to defeat Bruce Wayne financially and emotionally by infiltrating Wayne Enterprises.

- Bane is to defeat Batman physically and "break him."
It is assumed that Bane and Talia are running the new and improved version of the League of Shadows.

If they're following the Knightfall saga in the comics, Bane was written solely for the purpose of being the "man that finally broke Batman." This leads us to believe that Bane will break Batman's back at some point in the movie. If this indeed happens, Bruce will be in a wheelchair for a good portion of the film, and will have to recuperate.

From the title's perspective, this gives us a literal AND metaphorical meaning for The Dark Knight Rises. Bruce rises from his wheelchair to walk again, while also rising as a symbol in Gotham by the end of the story.

Some sort of underground explosion or incident occurs during the Gotham Rogues game that causes the ground to split. Potentially, a lot of people die.

John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) gets shot in the head and killed, "Departed" style. The person who kills him is described as "an old man." It's been suggested that it could be Tom Conti's character, though this is not confirmed.

Again, not confirmed.

Bane's ultimate scheme:

Quote:
This involves an earthquake generator underground in the sewers.

The idea is to set it off and kill 60,000 Gotham citizens at the Football Stadium during the Gotham Rogues game.

It's also been suggested that a possible earthquake is not man-made, but a NATURAL DISASTER, straight from the story of No Man's Land.

Or, the reason the stadium is partially torn apart is because it's simply a bomb that goes off.

We now know that Catwoman steals a Bat-Pod, and we’re assuming that Catwoman is about to chase the Tumblers. Talia is indeed in one of them.

During the Pittsburgh shoot, it was reported that Miranda Tate reveals herself as Talia, and then stabs Batman.

If the scenes from last week were in a sort of order then it is possible it proceeds like this:

Quote:
Bane causes a riot
Batman appears and the fight goes inside
Miranda kills Lucius?
Miranda stabs Batman
Catwoman steal the Pod

Based on pictures of Bane tearing up pictures of Harvey Dent, it's possible that he exposes Harvey Dent's crimes to the people of Gotham.

Based on the fake snow in Pittsburgh, the story clearly takes place in the winter at some point.

We've seen the graveyard set outside of Wayne Manor, which clearly suggests that we'll finally get the scene we've always wanted: Bruce visiting his parents' graves.

Matthew Modine's character,Nixon, is said to be a corrupt politician.

It's been theorized that Nixon visits strip clubs on his spare time, and this might connect to Selina Kyle being a stripper who finds out more information about Nixon than she should. Might she overhear of corrupt secrets, and decide to take matters into her own hands?

Selina's stripper name could easily be "Cat-Woman."

There is another rumor that has Bane killing Lucius. Bane beats up Lucius in front of a crowd and then kills Mr. Fox with one final blow as a "show" for Batman

Bane's Venom looks to be an inhalant and may have caused damage to his lungs, he may not survive without the mask.

The Joker is hinted at and mentioned at the very end of the film due to the aftermath of the prison break, ala Batman Begins.

htQoVh.jpg

26Rnzh.jpg

PFImV.jpg

Yeah..I get that, but this is the:
"The Dark Knight Rises "POSSIBLE/PROBABLE" Spoiler/Rumor Thread ".

Oh, and I would love to actually see Bane doing that in the film.

Awesome thread, I really like it and I'm waiting to see what's true and what's just a rumor. probably most of these will happen in the movie, if not all of them. When i saw the catwoman picture I was really disappointed, but you you made me all exited again!

That stuff all sounds pretty solid and seems like it would fit well in the Nolanverse. Hope' whatever is true is executed well.

The one thing I pray for is that the story will be tightened up. One of the problems IMO with TDK was that it felt just a bit too long because of certain scenes that dragged on (*coughferrysecenecough*).

Last edited:
Yeah...that scene was long, but to me it did a nice job of creating some tension and anticipation. I was actually hoping to see the convict's ferry blow up. Too bad Zeus took the kill switch.

Catwoman is apparently one of the most well written characters we’ve seen in these movies so far and she could potentially steal the show the way Heath Ledger did last time. She does some cool stuff in the movie like jumping out of windows and stealing the Batpod. Her back story is that she has a history of abuse and works as a stripper and is also a pickpocket.
This.

I want this.

I don't care about Bane. I don't care about (this) Batman. Most of this story sounds inane... and honestly, if they get one character right - well, at least something good came of it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back