Metal gear model kits?

MGS REX.jpgMGS REX 2.jpgMGS REX 3.jpgMGS REX 4.jpgMGS REX 5.jpgMy MGS REX Black Ver. Model Kit. Learning how to use paint before I put the nice decals. VERY posable, more than in the game itself! 1/100 scale. As you can see, there seems to be a new version on the left of the booklet. Now that I think about it, it closely matches the color from the silhouette shown at that MGS V post above. IF YOU KNOW JAPANESE, PLEASE TRANSLATE! Sorry for the terrible quality. Took half an hour to take these from a front facing camera on my Chromebook.

Notice how the base has ridges to link with other REX kits. If there is only this one and that other one, there wouldn't be much of a point in putting that in. There must be A LOT more on the way. Wish they made one for the Shagohod or the ones from Peace Walker, not the PlayArtsKai, a real buildable model kit. Can't wait to get a Hind D for the background hahaha!

More info on the new REX Model-

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19125

April 23rd 2015 at Bambaland
09:00 Hong Kong Time
USD $230
Price includes Free Worldwide Shipping!

The iconic METAL GEAR REX returns due to popular demand! This time in a half-size edition much friendlier for smaller spaces. REX retains the Light-Up system and incredible level of detail as its larger counterpart! The half-size edition features improved articulation including the ability to turn its head. Hatches on the knees and back-unit open and close – no removal necessary!

Lookbook coming soon!

Dimensions
Rail Gun Length – 11.59inches (29.45cm)
Resting Height – 8.35 inches (20.95cm)
Width – 7.35 inches (18.68cm)

METAL GEAR RAY half-sized edition coming in May!

Remember, pre-orders open on April 23rd (this Thursday) on 9:00 Hong Kong Time. That is 21:00 EST, 18:00 PST and 3:00 AM GMT.
3A-Metal-Gear-REX-Half-Size-Edition-4.jpg

3A-Metal-Gear-REX-Half-Size-Edition-5.jpg

3A-Metal-Gear-REX-Half-Size-Edition-3.jpg

It looks like Rex, the problem being that would mean it ignores the 2 cruder metal gears from Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2.

Kojima has been saying that MGSV will be ignoring certain aspects of MG1 and MG2. How much or how little will ignored or changed, only time will tell. I'm game for what ever he has planned!

I tried playing MG 1 and 2 on the playstation 3 HD remix and I was not very good at it at all. Kept dying. Would love to see them redone with updated graphics.

Wow! You nailed it! I guess that one is a different than the REX headed Metal Gear. Piloted vs Robot controlled?
attachment.php

This image was just revealed promoting the MGSV Artbook that comes with a coolector edition of the game-
MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Special-Edition-Art-Metal-Gear-ST-84.jpg

"ST-84"

Similar naming format of the very first metal gear, the TX-55.
MetalGearTX-55.png

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,324
Last edited:
Maybe they will expand on the system in peace walker and let you make a custom metal gear. I would like that very much, but it does seem they are going the route of a rex/zeke hybrid. That concept art makes the side profile looks like skullface has added some personal touches to the metal gear with the skull painted on the side. I can't wait for this game to come out, literally counting the days.

Apparently that collector's edition is super sold out or it's not coming out at all as it's unavailable on every retailer. Which sucks as for 99.00 you get a ton of stuff.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back