Metal gear model kits?

I'm tempted to paint my rex like this mass produced unit in the painting. They said in MGS 2 that everyone was making their own models since Ocelot put the plans online so i wouldn't be shocked if there were non-nuclear capable versions used as artillery.

I never actually thought about how many types of Rex there could be. I wonder what a version painted with the normal green army camo would look like.

I never did either until i saw this picture and it makes sense that Ocelot would have probably released the data on every model he had. You wouldn't need it to be able to launch a nuke to decimate a battlefield if that rail gun can be used for heavy artillery. These could replace most heavy artillery pieces that are limited by terrain. I found the rex papercraft so i have a template to do some messing around with.

I got the Rex papercraft off a site, but looking at the pieces, it has to be the Shagohod instead. The file even says MGS3. But it was under the Rex file to download.

There is supposed to be a file out there that contains them both at one time. i havent opened mine yet. Rumor has it Kojima's been having meetings about a super secret project and i'm wondering if it's got to do with 2017 being the 30th anniversary of Metal Gear. Maybe he's finally going to tie them all together with a super remake of the original games. Be nice if they'd stop being jagoffs to Hayter and let him be snake again. Michael, check your copy of that file again. Mine has rex and shagohod mixed together on each page. it's an official papercraft for the twin snakes Rex and the then unnamed shagohod as a teaser for mgs3.

Wow, 30 years, although I didn't get into it until the PS one. I have the NES one, but no its a messed up version that I myself never was good at. I actually got the MGS2-3-Peace Walker HD for Christmas. I saw it has the original msx metal gear/2, but now its hard to go back and play that. Would be nice for a remake, but now a days, it would probably be so short. Maybe they could mix the 2 into one longer game with 2 chapters.
Also looked closer at that papercraft file, and yeah, says Rex plus & classified mech for MGS3. Kinda weird they did that. Never have printed a papercraft model ever, but it looks somewhat low res.
I also have the Back to the Future 3 train in paper, but that looks VERY complex....kinda scared to try.

They're always pretty low res it seems. i just plan on using them as templates. I couldn't even put together the official nintendo power starfox ship back in the 90s without issues lol

I've never actually used styrene for a model, but have thought about trying it. Maybe after a few tests to get it down, could use the paper one like you said as a template. I just wonder about the detail that would be flat on the paper and just printed to look like a 3d part.
It also just looks like such a lot of parts to have to do.

Actually i think with styrene you could actually combine a few parts into sections. luckily sometimes you can score styrene cheap on ebay.

Final version of the huge Metal Gear RAY model arrives at Kojima Productions | Metal Gear Informer

Three-A-Metal-Gear-Ray-Photo-5.jpg

I'd love that if not the price and lack of space. Supposedly Kojima's retiring for good after MGS5. still waiting for amazon to put up a preorder for the ps3 version of phantom pain.

Kojima has "retired" like 3 times already, and yet somehow always ends up still being director...which isn't a bad thing. I'm actually playing through Peace Walker HD for the first time now...its pretty different. Pretty hard as I'm doing it all solo.

Yeah the PSP games were odd and sadly the last metal gear work of David Hayter. Know what's odd? He's the only actor they replaced, you look at all the voice actors in peacewalker and they all come back but him. I think it's gonna hurt sales a bit but not much, just a crap way to treat a guy who is a fan favorite. As for my rex model i'm staring at it, i'm nervous to even begin trying to build it lol

Yeah, when I heard they replaced Hayter, I couldn't believe it. Thought maybe it was a joke at first, but guess not. Not really sure how Keither Sutherland sounds, but probably not near close to the same voice.
But for that Rex model, gotta do it. Would love to see that, and build my own, but would need money first. How big is it and how much?

I got mine off amazon for a little over a 100.00 because i didn't want to deal with shipping from japan. It's about 9" tall i think. Those A3 versions you could almost rig with servos.

I still haven't started my Rex yet either. I've never put a Japanese fundamental style kit together and am kinda unsure what order to glue and paint the parts as it's being assembled.

I still haven't started my Rex yet either. I've never put a Japanese fundamental style kit together and am kinda unsure what order to glue and paint the parts as it's being assembled.

All i've ever done were simple Macross and Gundam kits. I just figured i'd do it in sub sections and paint them, i can't really paint much until spring as it's too cold to spray around here.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back