Lovely model of the Gekko-

574657f9.jpg

DOG FIGHT?MGS4 GEKKO : ?????

- - - Updated - - -

Metal Gear MkIII
http://blog.livedoor.jp/zan_woo/archives/30401976.html
a85ee4b2.jpg

e7ff4c56.jpg

I like that gekko. I keep wanting to get the Playarts metal gears that are out but they're nearly half the price of the 3a stuff and half the size. That is one hell of a big railgun that dude has for his Rex. At that scale it's going to be the size of a couch. So far i don't see anyone taking preorders for the Ray kit. Just got the Rex on amazon for 109.99 shipped. Cheaper and less hassle than the japanese sellers.

Last edited:
I thought the one Armamentfactory was making on here was massive. I need to see if the 1/100 rex has room for lights so i can light it like the 3a one.

Japan does have a life-sized Gundam...

...Maybe a life-size Metal Gear is the next logical step...

(Actually, I think a life-size Zaku would be the next logical step, but we can dream...)

-MJ

You never noticed that before..ha. I always thought the gekkos were weird. Always scary to try and sneak by them and get that loud ! sound.

I find it creepy that they moo before attacking like they're animals. I just preordered the Ray kit on bigbadtoystore. No way i'm making the mistake of passing it up at a low price to pay more later. I hate going with them though as they take for freaking ever to get stuff in when everyone else has it in stock.

Gekko_Progress_01.JPG

I've got a start on a Gekko physical model planned for 1/35 scale. Been working to isolate all the parts digitally. Going to have them 3D printed and than do most the embellishment by hand and then maybe make some casts.

Looks good so far. I can't believe i never realized how much they look like a more organic rex until now. Amazon has semi impressed me. My rex kit shipped yesterday and is already in Pittsburgh, sadly they sent it fedex smart post so instead of getting it tomorrow it'll sit around for a day via transfer to the post office and show up tuesday. I was thinking that Rex could be a replacement for metal gear mk2 and mk 3 as a partner in future games, just make him tiny with a screen and wheels lol.

I've been working with the MG rising game model, seems to match the ones used in the MGS4. I've been rebuilding parts that need greater detail, working out the joints and shelling parts for printing.

My one complaint with the upcoming Ray model is that it doesn't have a tail, i don't remember any of them not having a tail.

I talk about the "no tail" feature a few posts back.

It appears that this is variations between games-
Mgs2- tail and pointy knees
Mgs4- no tail and flat knees
MgRising- tail and flat knees.

I've been working with the MG rising game model, seems to match the ones used in the MGS4. I've been rebuilding parts that need greater detail, working out the joints and shelling parts for printing.

Cool!
Where can I find the 3d model?

I've always thought making a life size Gekko would be a cool project. Lots of geometric and organic shapes.

Maybe you could turn it into a pepakura model?

Here's more info on that Gekko garage kit-
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/141797

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back