Harry Potter Decoy Detonator

Fabulous! I think I am going to start collecting parts because I really want one. Your directions will be so helpful. Can't wait to see it all finished!

:lol
attachment.php

Still need to make the whistle and then figure out how I'm going to attach it. That'll be followed by making the "wind-up" key, and then the black paint.

ATL

I WAAAANT!!!!!!!

Haha it comes together! It looks amazing man, the long horn end doesn't look as bad when it's all assembled. Great job!! Makes me want to work on mine haha...

:) Thanks everyone for your kind words!!

Would you mind telling the length of the horn you used?

Aj23 - Measuring from the center of the body, the horn is right at 9 inches long.

This is the Detonator from the film... (just if you wanted to make a replica of this version)

... and thanks for sharing this image! I don't have the technology to do screen captures, and google searching for it has turned up zilch.

Being that this is the Replica Prop Forum, technically, this version would be more true to form since it is the actual prop seen in the movie:rolleyes Butttt...I'm pleased with how my DD is turning out!

ATL

I finished the whistle. I made it out of a scrap piece of cherry wood I had. The whistle "hanger" I made out of a paper clip, the copper I thought might be to bendable. The loop was super glued to the horn.
attachment.php

All the parts were coated with flat black sandable automotive primer.
attachment.php

Almost done!

ATL

WOW OH WOW!!! :thumbsup What a fabulous job!!!! I LOVE the picture of the detonator on the floor :)
You really did such wonderful work especially all of the wood pieces. I am in awe. My detonator (when I get around to it) will not be half as detailed as yours. Thank you so much for letting us come along on your build :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back