Harry Potter Decoy Detonator

Here are the rest of the drawings I used to build the DD.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some adjustments to the dimensions will probably be needed to fit the parts that you find.

Hope this helps!

Oh yeah - all dimensions are in inches :)

ATL

Bwahahaha, I didn't realize you had finished this, but wow! You did incredible! Absolutely spot on. I'm gonna have to get crackin to finish mine now!

This is the Detonator from the film... (just if you wanted to make a replica of this version)
You just HAD to post that picture :lol

attachment.php

I'm using a bit of 4 AWG welding cable above the bell so it's somewhat bendable. Got to work on another set of feet!

ATL

Finally had a chance to work on this again:
attachment.php

It needs a little more priming and sanding and I plan to use semi-gloss black on this version.

I turned the horn (maple) on a lathe because I couldn't find something that was close enough. The closest thing I could find was a HEMI exhaust valve. :)

attachment.php

Making the "legs/feet" is the hardest part. The holes for the dowels (legs) require a multiple angle when drilling.

ATL

ATL! I know this is delayed, but I LOVE the new one! You really got the balance just right this time! Looks great :) But I gotta ask... So many months later and I *still* haven't finished mine... Where did you get the squeaky part of the horn?? It looks absolutely perfect! I'm hoping mine will turn out looking so great! :)

The only single comment I have, and I don't even think it's that relevant, is that I think the bell and horn stay perpendicular. If you watch it in the movie, the horn actually spins around the center, so it looks like it's pointing up. But I actually think your way looks really cool, much more dynamic. So don't change it on account of that ;)

ATL! I know this is delayed, but I LOVE the new one! You really got the balance just right this time! Looks great :) But I gotta ask... So many months later and I *still* haven't finished mine... Where did you get the squeaky part of the horn?? It looks absolutely perfect! I'm hoping mine will turn out looking so great! :)

It was a bike horn from Target. I wanted to take the "squeeker" out the horn and put it in the prop, but the diameter at the skinny end is so small, I was worried that I'd end up breaking something :wacko.

ATL

you are so awesome dude,..this are perfect,.. i complete the decoy label sticker for the box,..you can download it in the free HP paper props,..you can use it if you want,..again,..its superb(y)thumbsup:thumbsup for your Work

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back