Batman Forever car

PlanoJedi

I'm not sure if this is OT or not, but I heard this morning that the movie car is up for auction this weekend. They showed some film of the car at the auction and showed it lit up along with the cockpit opening. I did a google search and found the following:

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/755

I'd expect it to go way on up there since "Returns" car was auctioned in 2001. I Googled the following:

"One of the auction highlights was when the famous Batmobile, from the movie "Batman Returns" (1992) starring Michael Keaton, Michelle Pfeiffer and Danny DeVito, crossed the auction block. The Batmobile was purchased for $175,000 after a lengthy bidding battle where publishing magnate Robert E. Petersen emerged victoriously. He quickly indicated that the Batmobile would be a permanent part of the host museum."

The story says 'as depicted'. If you read it closely you'll see it's NOT the movie car just a reproduction from the studio moulds.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Mawr @ Aug 31 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]1310515[/snapback]</div>
The story says 'as depicted'. If you read it closely you'll see it's NOT the movie car just a reproduction from the studio moulds.
[/b]

Hmmm... good eye. It also says "This former licensed International Exhibition Showpiece, born in the USA is one of a very few produced & was meticulously manufactured from the 'Studio' moulds to Warner Bros. 'build' quality. This is the only BATMAN FOREVER BATMOBILE available for sale". Seems you're correct. Still, it'd be interesting to see what it goes for.

Anyone in IN. that can go to the auction and snap some pics?

pj

www.kruse.com has pics of the car

8001_9.jpg

I wonder if it runs like the movie depicts it with the center bar device as the excellerator or if there is a gas pedal and the lever is just for effect.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back