New Spider-Man web-shooters

Cool find. I guess with Raimi, according to the making of book he got the organic idea from the early James Cameron Spidey script. The idea that hes genetically altered hence he can spin webbing. Plus Raimi said he had issues with Peter inventing stuff that even 3M can't develop.

Looks like Webb is swinging the other way with the mechanical. Peter is super smart and can invent the web shooters. Still not a fan of the costume though!

I like the web shooters. In the comic, that frequently became a plot point. It was always cool when Spidey ran out of web fluid and he had to rely on his powers and intelligence to get him out of a tight spot.

I remember Raimi saying he thought it dumb that Peter parker could come up with something that an adhesive company couldn't - stupid argument. Peter - or rather Spider-Man tried to sell his web fluid once to an adhesive company (Aunt May couldn't pay the bills) - he used one strand of webbing to secure a safe to the ceiling, showing how strong it is. They were just about to write him a check when the strand broke. They told him they had no use for a temporary adhesive - they needed something that would last. He left without any money.

So there is no question as to why Elmers wouldn't invent something they had no practical use for.

I really like that they are going to use web shooters. when I use to watch the TV show as a kid, he was always running out and it was kind of a big deal that was just not in any of the movies. also some times the shooters would brake so he could not use them also. in the movies when he always as webbing it is kind of a let down.

Finally a good, hi-resolution look at the webshooters... I don't want to embed it because I'm putting up the full resolution copy so click the thumbnail below.

Awesome, thanks for the high res image! We can see the watch now is just a regular watch (someone thought it was missing two lugs), it's all there, just crystal taken off to expose LED screen and inner electronics.

Tim

Whats really interesting is that Rami's Spider-man originally had Webshooters. The I guess they decided to drop them.

Capture2.png

Wouldn't the web-shooters fire every time he threw a punch? (Closed fist, fingers pressed down against shooter 'fire pads on palm'?)

To be honest I don't know that making these would be all that tough or rewarding. I mean they sell them at Walmart. So you would pretty much just be making another device that basicly straps a can of silly string to your arm. Now if someone could invent the webbing fluid......

Wouldn't the web-shooters fire every time he threw a punch? (Closed fist, fingers pressed down against shooter 'fire pads on palm'?)

Traditionally Spider-Man's shooting mechanism in in the center of the palm, when you clinch your fist you'd actually "cup" it within your fingers. Unless you continued to squeeze theoretically it wouldn't shoot. When he wallcrawls, he does it on his fingertips so again it wouldn't misfire.

This is a distant childhood memory but I think the comic explained this in an early issue by saying the web shooter button needed two quick presses to fire so gripping and punching would not be a problem. So Stan Lee invented the double-click, his genius is ever more amazing. :cool

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back