Shark Week

Sean Hebein

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone else watching? I seem to have a harder and harder time getting into it each year because a lot of the content is recycled from the prior couple of years so it seems like I am watching reruns. Anyone else feel like this or am I crazy?

Gee. Imagine that, not enough fresh fodder on sharks. Maybe they aren't the threat we're trying to parlay them into! :lol They aren't all Jaws, after all.. :D

I was digging the HD high-speed photography in 'Air Jaws', but if I hear the phrase, 'researchers are convinced that sharks do not mean humans any harm' one more time, I'm going to have a coronary.

I love shark week, but only watch the new programming during prime time. The shark attack specials are especially good. Skip anything without a 2011 production date.

I love Shark Week.....watch it every year.

Saw "Jaws Goes Home" or something like that last night about the Great White spotted in Chatham, Mass last July....we were at that beach on vacation at that time....yikes!

Great Whites have to be my fave predator....perfect hunting machines.

My wife grew up in Southern California and all of her brothers are surfers. I love shark stuff and of course whenever we go to the beach I always tease her about all of the sharks on the California coast. A couple years ago we were in San Diego and we went to SeaWorld and the beach of course and then a week later a marathon swimmer got killed by a Great White near the area we were at. Kinda freaky needless to say.

Some time I'd like to go cage diving with white sharks. My wife gets all freaked out by it but I just explain to her that it is an inverse zoo under the water.

I missed the "Jaws Goes Home" thing, hopefully the rebroadcast it because it sounds pretty cool.

Funny enough I live where some of the ''Air Jaws'' was filmed..infact I go fishing out there on a regular basis...an yes....I have see a very...very big Great white...my dads boat is 18.5ft long...an we had a 15 footer at least next to us...you really need to see these things up close jus to appreciate how big they are..infact..15 foot is a good size but they are seen around 18ft plus!..I cant imagine being in the water when a 20 foot great white is around...dear god!

Funny enough I live where some of the ''Air Jaws'' was filmed..infact I go fishing out there on a regular basis...an yes....I have see a very...very big Great white...my dads boat is 18.5ft long...an we had a 15 footer at least next to us...you really need to see these things up close jus to appreciate how big they are..infact..15 foot is a good size but they are seen around 18ft plus!..I cant imagine being in the water when a 20 foot great white is around...dear god!

Don't worry, those sharks just want to cuddle and to be friends.

Aww come on, one thing you can say about the Great White, they are always smiling.
I was 9 when i saw my first and only white, was about 6 feet or so, was literally rolling in the surf at Seapoint in the Cape.
I recall my old man saying its rare to see them that size (small) up close.

Crazy thing was, a group of burly guys hauled it up, and tossed it back in, like it was an everyday occurence.....from there, i fell in love with them, fascinating animal.

lee

Thanks to a power outage I missed the show last night about rogues...

I saw Jaws as a kid and was hooked ever since. My horrible grades at learning biology kept me from going into marine studies but I'd love to go diving someday with great whites.

Shark Week...

...cake:

Charm City Cakes’ Ode To #SharkWeek | Foodbeast

charm-city-cakes-shark-week-3.jpg

I love Shark Week and I'm a huge Mythbusters fan, so you can imagine my disappointment last night when I tuned into the "All New" Mythbusters shark special they'd been advertising all day only to find out that it was a clip show culled from some of the very same episodes I'd watched while waiting for the "All New" special to come on.

I mean, REALLY Discovery?

I'm also finding the shows repetitive from previous years. I guess there's only so much to say. Some of the footage though still is jaw dropping.

I love Shark Week on Discovery!

I'll leave it on during the day when they show the previous years' shows and then when the new shows come on, I'm glued to the screen!

I am usually upset at the fact that Shark Week usually only last 5 programming days (Sun-Thurs) but due to the fact that the Fin-natics asked for it to be Extended they are showing Marathons throughout Sunday!

The Highlights for me this year are "Air Jaws Apocalypse","How JAWS changed the world" and "Shark Fight"

Thanks for 25 years of a feeding frenzy for my eyes and brain!

It seems that there is only one new episode each day (9PM EST). Everything else is repeats from the previous years.

And the Mythbusters "new" episode annoyed me. Waited all damn day to see a clip show :angry.

-Fred

I was really disappointed in Shark Week this time around. Loads of clip shows from years gone by and some of the new stuff just wasn't all that interesting. They spent an hour show talking about the POV on the seal sled shot they were doing and then when they got it, they still showed you the behind the sled shot over and over.

The bit they did every night with the giant shark crushing something was stupid too. I like how they had revealed that shark and had it munch stuff before the show aired that showed you how they made it and had a big reveal. We've already seen it in action, the reveal is pointless now.

I also have to ask, who was the guy "hosting" the shows this year? Am I supposed to know him from doing something else? Instead of being part of anything he was on the beach doing nothing more than hosting a kegger with a giant mechanical shark.

I love Shark Week, it's truly one of my highlights of the summer.
But I'm sick to death of the "Air Jaws" shows. Enough!!! After watching the sharks breach the water for the thousandth time, it starts to lose its impact!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back