Back to the Future 2 part II SPIKE in Griff's gang BTTF

Annisse

Sr Member
Hi there,

I am attempting to make SPIKE's costume, the blond girl in Griff's gang from BTTF 2.

She has these chain metal links wrapped around her chest and skirt. I can't figure out what was used to make these links.

I tried looking up online conveyor belt chain, roller link, bike chain links, but none of them look anything of the like to hers.

Can someone help me out here and tell me what you think her chain links are made out of please?

Also, that ear ring in her left ear, looks like some automobile part, have no idea what that is either, anyone know?

Some photos are attached here.

Thanks so much!

I found a chain that looks similar. It's a conveyor chain (middle one), though it's not exact by any means:
conveyor-chain-736566.jpg

Material Handling Equipments,Bucket Elevator Chain,Roller Chain Attachments Manufacturers in India
I haven't found anything else similar yet. The pics you posted make the steel part of the chain look a lot flatter than any of the chains I've seen, almost like a slightly bowed paper clip. Hope this might at least point you in the right direction. I'll bet someone here knows the actual chain, though it could be something that isn't produced anymore.

I'm also pretty sure that is an automotive part, like you thought. It looks like an aluminum clamshell clamp, or Wiggins clamp. I couldn't find any that matched exactly, though. The hinge looks wider than any of the ones I've seen online, though the pictures don't often show a good shot of the clamp completely open like it is as on the earring.
wiggins2.jpg

please post progress pics!!! i'm doing a griff costume, myself and am finding it TREMENDOUSLY difficult to get any clear shots to identify anything on griffs belt!

Bloop, thanks SO MUCH for your advice on these parts to Spike's costume. I really am at a lose knowing exactly what was used on her costume. I wish I knew the costume designer of it ;) that would help alot, right!

I probably go with what you suggested, especially for the ear ring clamp thing, that looks really close to hers. As for that chain link she has on, I know I am probably not going to get it exact as long as it is copper colored chain and links that is fine, I just definately want to have that chain link as part of my costume. I can handle all the rest of the design of the clothing part.

and yes, I will definately post progress pics. Her top I am making it going to be an iron on of those black spikes on white cotton heavy weight fabric I have. I even have the bullet chocker already ;)

I will be wearing this to Dragon Con if any one wants to get a GRIFF gang together. that would be awesome!

Oh! is there a thread in the RPF regarding the hover boards? I have photos from Comic Con of Spike's hover board. I thought someone on the RPF was selling the sticker you can put on your board. That is pretty basic easy. Make the hover board out of thick foam board then just stick the design to the board.

I was tempted to try a biff jnr costume, alot of detail involved, good luck il certaintly see if i can lend a hand in anyway

Dear Annisse, The Girl in Biffs Gang has a necklace made of bullets. You can buy these in a string at any cheap toy store. You'll have to look for WWII., Guns or Machine guns. I don't think cowboys used these, but I could be wrong. To make them look like real bullets,you can buy metallic spray paint. Try TESTORS, Hope this helps!

Annise, YOU BOJO! Hoverboards don't work on water!...unless you have POWER!

Great costume idea. I got to meet the stunt lady who played Spike. Super nice. I can't wait to see this costume done!

For the hover board. Try contacting the member Tim (BTTF123). He sells foam boards. Not sure if he will give you the graphic though. If not, I might be able to help with that.

Ohhhh thanks for all this advice guys! :D and Jedifyfe if the RPF members I contact can not help me out with the graphics I will definitely be contacting you ;)

Crosses fingers. I hope I can get a board and Graphics from one of them, I really want a PRO looking one!

Dear Annisse, The Girl in Biffs Gang has a necklace made of bullets. You can buy these in a string at any cheap toy store. You'll have to look for WWII., Guns or Machine guns. I don't think cowboys used these, but I could be wrong. To make them look like real bullets,you can buy metallic spray paint. Try TESTORS, Hope this helps!

I actaully have the bullet necklace already. Got it last Halloween when I was going to make this costume but didn't have time. Now, I am making it happen.

Yeah, adding the Testors bronze paint will make the bullets looking better than the plastic coat they currently have on them now.

Annissee I can send over the graphics, just give me a day or two...I am on vacation and don't have my computer just my iPad.

Annissee I can send over the graphics, just give me a day or two...I am on vacation and don't have my computer just my iPad.

Thank you! and do you have any idea if any of the RPF members sell the hoverboards? You know, fan made that I can stick the graphic on?

I would do this all myself but I am trying to avoid the work due to lack of time. I need this done by the end of the month to take to DragonCon.

Thank you!

Nice, the costumes are still futuristic after all these years, impressive... :)

After all, I like Griffs costume little bit more, spike always reminds me to starship troopers, dont know why... :lol

Godd luck, hope to see progress soon... :thumbsup

Been so busy I never came back here to post my final Spike - Griff's gang costume. Here I am with my husband as Data. He made our hoverboards for us :cool

love this costume! I want to do this for Halloween this year. I was just curious how you did the top and what you used for the coils around your arms?
If you could help me I would really appreciate it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back