Tony Stark Black Sabbath Avengers t-shirt?

The_Mike

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From what I could find it's the Black Sabbath 1978 US Tour shirt but it's been really difficult finding this exact coloring, close on some but not exact. Anyone know more about whether its a found item or screened specifically for the chuckle?

Last edited:
Here I was at the Avengers on opening weekend.

156148_432900800053545_100000008875728_1667953_2017409360_n.jpg

The light from the arc reactor doesn't show through the shirt very well. I found out they digitally enhanced the arc light in the movie. oh well, it is still a cool shirt.

Great picture. Where did you get your arc.

Thanks, I made the arc... it was actually just a quick and dirty add on for the previous arc I made back on Halloween. Check the link in my signature. Anyways, I want to clean it up and make some molds... then maybe offer it and my other version up on the junkyard. I just have to take the time to do it but I have so many projects going on, lol.

Is the shirt in the film a long or short sleeve? Looks like short with a long undershirt.

Yes it is a short sleeve T shirt and he is wearing a long sleeve shirt with a button up section on the chest. But that doesn't make much sense given the light we see on the arc reactor. I know the light was added in digitally but it would not be that bright if it were going through two shirts. Especially one with a double layer strip down the middle for the buttons. If you watch some of the interviews and B-rolls you can clearly see that the chest buttons up on his undershirt. Maybe he cut a hole in it though. :confused:lol

Maybe that's why there seem to be a lot of scenes where you don't really see the light from the arc.
Is it just me, or are there times where it looks like they just forgot to add it?

Maybe that's why there seem to be a lot of scenes where you don't really see the light from the arc.
Is it just me, or are there times where it looks like they just forgot to add it?

Believe me I studied this question and the scenes in the movie. After making one of my own I can say that if your chest is even slightly turned then the light becomes almost invisible. Check out some of the other pictures of me on my Facebook page.

But there could very well be a few scenes that you would expect to see it and should see it but can't cause they missed it during the digital edit. It wouldn't be the first time a movie has missed a little detail (or big detail, depending on who you are) like that. :behave :facepalm

I ordered two shirts off ebay from two different sellers.

t_bone_inc: Shirt is screen printed, the printing is gold and CLOSE to the color we see on screen, but not exact. It's printed on a heavyweight GILDAN shirt, and the collar is too wide. This is not a match for the screen used shirt, but it would do, if they hadn't sent the wrong size.

amazing-tees: Shirt appears to be the correct weight fabric, but the collar is still too wide. Printing appears to be a thermal transfer and is COMPLETELY the wrong color, it's more of a gray or charcoal.

I'm not 100% happy with either one.

Kurt! KURRRRRT! :lol

I ordered two shirts off ebay from two different sellers.

t_bone_inc: Shirt is screen printed, the printing is gold and CLOSE to the color we see on screen, but not exact. It's printed on a heavyweight GILDAN shirt, and the collar is too wide. This is not a match for the screen used shirt, but it would do, if they hadn't sent the wrong size.

amazing-tees: Shirt appears to be the correct weight fabric, but the collar is still too wide. Printing appears to be a thermal transfer and is COMPLETELY the wrong color, it's more of a gray or charcoal.

I'm not 100% happy with either one.

Kurt! KURRRRRT! :lol

Yeah, I got mine from Mightee_shirts When I got mine they were the only one selling them. As I said before, I don't know much about the different methods used to get the design on the shirt. My shirt's design had a thick layer of a latex or vinyl type stuff that the color was added to. It was printed on a heavy duty cotton tee. The color was a little too brown when I got it and the vinyl layer was way to thick to let any light from the arc through. I wanted it to look vintage so I weathered the shirt and design a lot. As I weathered the design the color started to come off and you could see just the white of the vinyl. I almost **** myself, lol. :wacko :facepalm I continued to weather it and the whole shirt and then I went back over the design with a lighter brown permanent marker and washed it. The color stuck so I was like, whew. :) But the shirt is too heavy duty and too long. I have some other shirts that I think would have been a better shirt type to go with. They already look old and vintage-like. They are shorter and are made from a lightweight cotton. The guy at Mightee_shirts said I could send in my own shirt and he would print the design on that shirt but whatever method he used is not the right way to do it for this type of shirt and I wouldn't recommend it.
Anyways, it serves it's purpose and gets the point across. I would be more happy if the design was transparent to light and if it were on a lightweight cotton tee.

I ordered mine. Hopefully it fits right. With how these "vintage" style shirts are you never know.....I find that sometimes a medium is way too tight for me, so I went ahead and ordered a large.

Yeah, mightee_shirts and t_bone are the same seller, I think. They use the same photos and auction description. It's not a bad shirt, it just doesn't have that "vintage" look to it.

the other one I got actually isn't far off from the crew shirt. Mine is printed darker I think.

Have yet to see one that is screen accurate, either the Black Sabbath writing isnt as big and long, or the pic isnt the right size...either too big or too small or the color is off. If anyone finds one that is closer to screen accurate please post that link here..REALLY like to get one, but maybe I'm getting TOO Picky and need just to find one that is close enough. Reviews and comparrisons of the shirts are welcomed. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back