Question on display stand for JP Hat

Boogeyman13

Sr Member
Hey all! New member, and I have to start off by saying that everyone here has some simply amazing collections. I am just starting out, and the stuff that everyone has here is simply stunning.

But on to my question. I have a replica of the Jurassic Park hard hat, and have thinking about how I want to display it. After seeing another thread here where someone used a small Captain America shield as the display base for their Cap helmet (which was a stroke of genius, btw), I got really excited to do something similar except with the Jurassic Park logo.

But, I am completely new to collecting props, so I have no idea how to do it. Does anyone have any tips or ideas to help point me in the right direction? With what little knowledge I've acquired here so far, I was thinking that I would probably need to print out the logo on adhesive printer paper, attach that to a wood base, and then somehow stick either PVC piping or some sort of metal rod out of that, and have the helmet rest on that. Am I in the right direction with this? Vinyl would probably look nicer than the adhesive paper, but I don't think anyone is selling vinyl of the logo (not that I've seen, anyway). Any other tips or ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help! I'll post pictures of the collection that I have soon (I'm currently acquiring a few more things and working on a display for them).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back