Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) costume !!FINISHED PG 2!!

Laamberry

Just thought I would open up a thread for myself as I get the ball rolling on this one. This is the first time I've ever done a costume that didn't start out in 2D (comics,etc,etc) so I'm new to the whole game of finding the same clothes that were seen on screen. Any help would be wildly appreciated!

The outfit I'm going for is the one from The Empty Child/ The Doctor Dances. So far it's been smooth enough sailing aside from trying to track down the jacket (which I know is by Firetrap and that's about all)

rose.jpg

soll-union-jack-t-shirt-profile.png

and as far as I can tell the shoes are timberlands.

timberland-blue-boots-gallery.jpg

Right now I'm leaning towards this for the Union Jack T-shirt (by GWCC) just because of how too-short it looks and the double row of white stitching on the bottom hem. It's also the only shirt I can find where the diagonal red stripes within the larger white stripes look to be right.
P265Z363B.jpg

Anyway, this should be a slow moving project so I hope you all humor me!

Last edited:
Re: Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) costume

Awesome! I don't know all the specific details of Rose's costumes, but you can check out dw_cosplay on livejournal and the related rose tyler LJ, that should answer all of your questions with enough digging.

Got Matt's e-mail about this last night - stoked to see you are getting involved too!

Does this mean Matt's going to put together an Eccleston costume? That would be kind of awesome.

If anything, I'M trying to sucker HIM into doing it with me <3 and thanks for the point in the right direction, Risu, very helpful :]

Yeah Risu pretty well nailed it. Always glad to see another join the whoniverse costuming. Especially when I know they will do a good job

Definitely, especially when it's two people who will put in a good effort. Will you two maybe be attending the LA Who con in February?

After ages of looking at video and photo reference, my wife and I are convinced the boots are actually baby blue penn boots. Mostly due to the single colour sole and tread pattern, as well as the less obvious logo. They're easily and cheaply available on ebay too.

attachment.php

btw we met you briefly during comic-con when you had a slight wardrobe malfunction and had to use the tardis.

After ages of looking at video and photo reference, my wife and I are convinced the boots are actually baby blue penn boots. Mostly due to the single colour sole and tread pattern, as well as the less obvious logo. They're easily and cheaply available on ebay too.

attachment.php

btw we met you briefly during comic-con when you had a slight wardrobe malfunction and had to use the tardis.

Brilliant, thank you so much for the heads up! Those do look pretty damn good, I've got to say. And lovely to have met you :]

Unfortunately there are no clear well lit shots of Billie in the boots, the photos of Billie's stunt double do show her wearing the Timberland boots though, but all the distinguishing marks aren't visible on the boots where you definitely see it's Billie.

My wife recommends this site too, but livejournal have been having issues that last day or so.

rtyler_cosplay

Anyone have tips on where to find her coat? Ebay is coming up empty. Any other major online UK second hand clothing shops?

For that jacket my best guess would be to troll around a large mall. If you went to the huge clothing mall in Costa Mesa (can't remember the name at the moment, it's on Bear St. off the 405) I'm sure you'd find something. Can't say how much it would cost, though.

Roses's superphone in Season 1 is Nokia 3200 with the red skin, go for a song on Ebay these days, if that's any help :)

For that jacket my best guess would be to troll around a large mall. If you went to the huge clothing mall in Costa Mesa (can't remember the name at the moment, it's on Bear St. off the 405) I'm sure you'd find something. Can't say how much it would cost, though.

To find the Firetrap jacket? It's been out for so long now, the style has totally passed and I dunno how many shops stock jackets in the summer. I didn't even know about that mall though, so thank you!

I've actually asked around on dw_cosplay a bit and I may be able to find one.

Roses's superphone in Season 1 is Nokia 3200 with the red skin, go for a song on Ebay these days, if that's any help :)

Oh that's awesome! Thanks so much, it'll be the perfect prop :]

What size you looking for?

Whatever would be akin to a US x-small or small? I'm still trying to sort out what that would be in UK sizes, sorry!

Unfortunately there are no clear well lit shots of Billie in the boots, the photos of Billie's stunt double do show her wearing the Timberland boots though, but all the distinguishing marks aren't visible on the boots where you definitely see it's Billie.

My wife recommends this site too, but livejournal have been having issues that last day or so.

rtyler_cosplay

Is her stunt double the one in the dancing scene...?
boots.jpg

In that lighting the sole and the stripe above it LOOK like they're two different colors but the stripe is also a bit thinner looking than on the timberlands. Hmmmm~

Last edited:

Ohhhh I see. Actually, it's two white stripes isn't it? One inset and one not. So these look like they -are- the timberlands after all!

Talking to myself, but today I tracked down her coat in purple, size L. It's a far cry from the small size black/gold one I need but I'm pretty excited that I even found the same style for sale. Cheap, too.

preview_bf7dbb87264940f7b6a3c1cdd70e85f5.jpg

I didn't mean you could find the actual Firetrap jacket at that mall, just probably something similar. They're going into fall/winter stuff in the stores around this time, so jackets are coming back.

I didn't mean you could find the actual Firetrap jacket at that mall, just probably something similar. They're going into fall/winter stuff in the stores around this time, so jackets are coming back.

Hmmm I think I'll just wait though. I may end up hitting that mall to find some jeans though :] thanks for that

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back