New Studio Scale X-Wing Revisited

Hi to everyone.

We are currently finishing some of the molds and they will all be finished by the end of next week. We will upload pics of resin casts later today.
Here are a couple of pics of the fuselage meanwhile:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bests:
Rod

I'm curious about why you seem to still be fine-tuning the design, yet the wings are already painted and weathered. Or did I misread something.
Thanks, this is looking good.

Dedalus5550: I'm curious about why you seem to still be fine-tuning the design, yet the wings are already painted and weathered. Or did I misread something.

Thanks, this is looking good.

Hi Dedalus5550.
The original sculpts for the whole X-Wing are totally completed except for the pilot. The wings I showed above are from the first mold we took from the master wing. We changed the casting techniques so that mold does not work for us anymore.
I showed the resin wings to give a glimpse of the quality we will offer in our kit.
Right now we are making the new molds that will be ready by the end of next week.
I hope that clears your doubts mate:)

Bests:
Rod

Wow that´s really beautiful. I wish I had the money and space to get this kit, but the Salzo V3 has been sitting in its box for two years or so.
I´m looking forward to build ups though. Just no more boring Red 5s please! :lol

Dont know what else to add to this thread, its all been said so well. Just an out and out exceptional build and master. Hope you realise you'll be sat knocking casts out for a long time, say good bye to the weekends :lol

Really looking forward to more of the same asap

Hi there.

It was a long day but the first set of molds came up O.K.
Unfortunately I will post the pics I promesed tomorrow (Saturday).
It's too late and I am too sleepy to take pics, sorry:$

The first resin parts are great:) These parts that I'll show you tomorrow are:
Butt
Drid Strip
Control Panel
Back seat and panels beneath the rear windows.
R2 Units
Hummel or Stug details for the wings
Other details for the wings

On Sunday I will have new molds and new casts.

I would like to ask you for reference on the astromech droids of the Red Squadron. :confused
I am considering making all of them but I haven´t got the info right now nor the time to search.
If anyone interested in the subject could aid me it would be great:):)
Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the inpression that the only two Astromechs used by the red squadron were R2 units that just changed colors and a pair of R5's used by Red 1 and Red 6, is that correct :confused

Thanks for your patience:thumbsup
Good Niiiiiiight!:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back