Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - NEW SUIT DONE Pics on p.17

Re: Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor

It's gotten bigger:

Here it is sitting on a pair of standard 5-gallon buckets:

I coated the boot parts with resin as well:

In the background you can see my new HALO boot prototypes. They're big, clunky shoes and the pair of them will both fit inside the space marine boot.

Now I just need to figure out what size shoe is 21" long and 11" wide. Preferably in UK men's sizes.

At 21" long and 11" wide i doubt there is a siz that big. :)

That boot should just about fit the Hulk :) What did the waist work out to be on the diaper part ?

Last edited:

you should definatly do a test film with the suite when its finished. I have always thought about it, but always been too scared to even attempt it. Awesome job. What chapter are you going for?

Vac forming this monster is the right way to go for sure. I can only imagine that those glassed pieces are heavy suns-uv-guns.

YOWSA!

Hmmmmmm, now to use that armour as a base for a Nurgle marine......:)

Today the legs happened:

The pieces are big:

On occasion, I've wondered whether or not the full-scale build could function as a wearable costume. It wasn't until I tested the fit of these parts that I finally felt like it would work:

The ankle hole on the greave wasn't cut out all the way, so the shin was actually sitting a lot higher than it will be when it's done. Even so, it looks like it will work. I may even be able to crouch:

The boots and shins are close enough to symmetrical that I'll be able to get away with only one forming buck to make the parts for both the left and right sides. The same will go for the arm parts. That means I'm very nearly done with building pep models for this outfit.

Tomorrow there will be fiberglass.

Stay tuned...

It's getting bigger.

Yesterday my friend Matt helped out by glassing some of the parts:

Meanwhile, I was grinding down some of the high corners on the chest:

Somewhere along the way we decided we had to stack it all up for an idea of the size again:

It's still huge.

Hopefully you have cons near by with big enough doors, fantastic build so far!

Hopefully you have cons near by with big enough doors, fantastic build so far!
This. I'm actually planning a big build a year or so from now around the same scale and massive manly shoulder width but I'm not 100% sure the venues for my two local cons will be fully accessable while in costume.

But accessable or not, with the way things are going the con will probably come to you :lol

this is an awesome suit .will there be any mechanics involved in the arms like opening and closing the hand?

So yesterday my friend Matt stopped by again and we cranked out the pep models for the left arm. Here's a time-lapse video of the build:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVU_nsfyPA[/video]

Here's the finished product after some glassing and grinding:

The forearm alone is almost as long as my whole arm:

Here's another shot of the parts in progress:

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back