Starwars...The Blueprints.

ralphee

Sr Member
Not sure if anybody posted elsewhere on the board, but have you guys seen this?
Star Wars: The Blueprints
Just saw a vid on the tube of you, looks killer, dont fancy the price though, ouch.
Wasnt sure where to post this, so apologies if it has to be moved, but you mods need to earn ya keep :).

lee

Yeah, i though that too, aww George, must be hard up for cash, it is blooming nice though, huge, and, has schematics of the ATAT.
There is a shot of the Falcon too, not sure if its based on the studio mini, or the on set model though.
Its tempting, as the past two BIG publications have sucked a tad, TBH, nothing ive seen since Chronicles has been of any huge cheer.

lee

but you guys know that if anyone puts out anything in the " reference " category that collectors will buy it good or bad. I like the book , but i don't care about anything signed . Get me one unsigned . Make one for 75.00 and be done with it.

-James

Its like Lucas knows weve been wanting something like for years. So he jacked the price way up. And of course some one will pay it. Most likely some who wont ever use the prints to build anything.

don't care about anything signed . Get me one unsigned . Make one for 75.00 and be done with it.

-James

couldn't agree more. I want this book, but I'm not going to shell out 500 for it. I'll wait till someone's unsigned used copy shows up on ebay, years from now if I have to. Blueprints which have torn edges and coffee stains are just as good.

ralphee, the Falcon blueprints look like they're the full scale ESB's greeble schematics. A small preview is included on their website.

I've been looking at the pics of the contents since they've been available and it seems only the existing blueprints of the sets are in there. Not too helpful for studio scale purposes. Don't get me wrong - I still think it's very cool.

I notice that there are some pics included also. Maybe there'll be some obscure pics, but probably not of miniatures.

Does anyone know otherwise what the contents are?

I've been itching to see the table of contents. The promises of "and much much more!" on their website is infuriatingly tantalizing. I'd like to know just exactly what they've got in there...

this book isnt worth the money IMHO. Most of these blueprints have been available on the internet for free and for years now, not to mention those are blueprints of the sets for most of them.

That's a great book for collectors for sure, but worthless for studioscale modelers !

I was thinking you could all maybe have a whip round and get it me for Xmas! Not bothered about the signed version but it would be nice if you raise enough? Thanks G

Back to reality, I'd trade one of those for a good pic of the Arse end of an A wing any day :)

Wow that book is huge. I naver realized the actual size of that thing. Now I see where the $500 goes. Shipping on that thing is going to be a ***** to Oz.

I bought the small version of this book last year. Being only 2" smaller it's still rather large though. Won't fit in the bookcase. Doesn't have the signatures or the fancy case but did come extremely well packaged. It has its own cardboard packaging in addition to Amazon's boxing. Arrived pristine. Paid $59. Yup. AND, it's still at that price at this very moment.

I was a bit disappointed in the amount of content on the Sandcrawler but did learn a bit from a small amount of text quoted from the modeler.

Here are blueprints (sans the front view cross-section of the 1:1)

Blueprints-SC.jpg

Ron

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back