Subscribe
  1. xenobiologist RPF Premium Member Leigh's Avatar
    From
    Cambs, UK
    5 Days Ago  Feb 22, 2017, 4:36 PM - Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) #2076

I've tried the urethane rubber for the mould with the last attempt. I had a few bubbles & the detail was poor compared to the silicone. I also tried a clear plat silicone & it wouldn't set.
    When I first started experimenting with the tendons I cast some parts with a shore A20 urethane rubber & its plenty stretchy enough for the job. I cant get clear in anything softer than A55 though An A55 hardness will work really well for the lips as they don't need to stretch its also UV stable & crystal clear. The tendons that need to stretch are the small piece in the corners of the mouth, the thin one that joins it & the biggest tendon that connects top & bottom, all of which I reckon I could get away with casting in the shore A20 with a white tint & then a they can be blended with a little airbrushing.

What do you reckon?

I have thought about making two different jaw castings but I really want this to work, so we'll see how this goes & I may end up resorting to that option.

Thanks for the thoughts
    4 Days Ago  Feb 24, 2017, 9:03 AM - Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) #2077

Eager to see the results of that experiment mate! You work, so far, has been nothing short of amazing
    From
    Emilia Romagna Italy
    1 Day Ago  Feb 27, 2017, 4:46 AM - Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) #2078

Hello Leigh, and the pedestal is well on track?
  4. xenobiologist RPF Premium Member Leigh's Avatar
    From
    Cambs, UK
    23 Hours Ago  Feb 27, 2017, 1:07 PM - Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) #2079

Its not on track
    Need to finish that at some point

Well I've removed the tendons... all of them I've been busy working on the remaining parts, getting them the right shape.
    I've got a good feeling about this

I'll update with pics soon
  5. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    8 Hours Ago  Feb 28, 2017, 3:42 AM - Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) #2080

Great great. Can't wait! :-)