Your upgraded Playmates TOS Phasers ?

Kennyd

Ok it's a dumpy thing, not a patch on the AA/DST, but can anything be done with it to make it more of an accurate prop, even if just for the challenge ?
I'd love to see :)

I looked into it a few times over the years, but to me the biggest stumbling block is that literally every single angle and contour is off from the ideal. Even if you gave it a better paint job, or upgraded some of the detail pieces you'd still only have something vaguely phaser-shaped.

I really think the two best bets in the low cost category are the Diamond Select phasers and the old 23rd Century Pistol model kits. The Diamond phaser has a lot of bang for the buck right out of the box and the model kit is pretty easy to build and takes to customization well.

More accurate, no. But it can be dressed up a bit with some new paint. I repainted mine and put chrome tape on the metal parts, big improvement. It also has a good sound chip, that's very small. So it could be used to add sound to the 23c or something else. The Capt. Pike laser pistol has the same sound on an even smaller board, with the trigger button separate from the board, so it could fit in a P1.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back