Jumanji Game Board replica - 15/05/13 Update - Board Edges

Re: Jumanji Game Board replica

Also, can you give some insight on the process of painting this? and about the center dome, how'd you do that?

Also, can you give some insight on the process of painting this? and about the center dome, how'd you do that?

First I painted the paths pure white (probably 3 coats to get it looking right), then did a brown wash over them all to dull them down. Then a darker brown painted into the gaps between each path "tile" and wiped off where it spilled over onto the actual tiles. Then I gave the paths a coat of satin varnish to give a slight "old polished ivory" sheen.

Then the rest of the board was painted with Humbrol #93 Desert Yellow. Once dried I did a very LIGHT drybrushing of Humbrol #24 Trainer Yellow. The leaves were then painted with a very small paintbrush, about half are done in Humbrol #80 Grass Green and the other half were painted with a 50/50 mix of Grass Green and Desert Yellow.

The curved dome was done using a 16cm diameter clear acrylic dome - I place the 3D printed ring on top of it, drew around the inside of the ring, then used a dremel to cut out the circle from the dome. By using a much larger dome than you need in the first place, you get a shallower curve to the finished Jumanji dome.

BoardInside1B.jpg

BoardInside2B.jpg

BoardInside3-1.jpg

Beautiful work, Howl, can't wait to see the casing once you've been able to work on it.

Man, why didn't I think of doing the dome like you did.... I made a sketchup model of the dome and had it made in plastic for 20 bucks (us money) from shapeways. Well, at least now ill know for my next game. Lol

Model shops tend to do them. I think I got mine from a UK online shop (can't remember which), but if you try eBay or google it you should find lots of options.

who made the original prop? I remember finding it somewhere the only thing I remember is the creator was from south america

you have to cast and sell those I would love to buy one .
Even static one unpainted would be so easy for you to do :)

That is very good, you have made excellent progress and it's looking really good.
I recently watched Jumanji again I think you have captured all the detail superbly.

If you ever decided to offer these I'd be very tempted.

Your replica board is amazing. Excellent craftsmanship. I am planing on making a scale model for a project. Would you mind posting the dimentions and/or the resources you used to get your replica so exact? I would greatly appreciate it.

Jumanji is one of my favorite movies. It looks pretty dead on. Fantastic work, I'd love you to keep us posted on it. And if you ever sell molds ... I'd be in.

This is great! And for it to be made out of wood is amazing!. I would love a cast of it.

Just fantasizing here, but It would definitely be a challange to have the center piece display messages like the movie. Custom LCD maybe gutted tablet, programmed text animations with a magnified dome to get that bubble effect, not to mention the ability to know when and where a piece are on the board. That would make my day. Each panel and game pieces would need a sensor. Pieces are held by magnets, It even knows when you cheat! Ok I'm getting too exited when this is 99.99% not going to happen. I can't wait to see this done, I always wanted a full replica of this board game.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back