Jumanji Game Board replica - 15/05/13 Update - Board Edges

Re: Jumanji Game Board replica

i'm going to give this a try in the new year, never carved before though, so it should be an interesting experience, but also leads into some questions

i've read the measurements on here are 17x13x3 (i think)

i was going to get a block of wood at these dimensions and start from there

would it be best to order the wood at say 17x13x4 in stead of 3 inches depth? i would have to carve off of this to create the box art right?

also, how realistic is it suppose that this could be cardved out of a single block? i was toying with the idea of immediately cutting the block in half to have the lid and game base, then doing the art and then utting that in half to have the two lid pieces that fold together

thoughts?

i'm going to give this a try in the new year, never carved before though, so it should be an interesting experience, but also leads into some questions

i've read the measurements on here are 17x13x3 (i think)

i was going to get a block of wood at these dimensions and start from there

would it be best to order the wood at say 17x13x4 in stead of 3 inches depth? i would have to carve off of this to create the box art right?

also, how realistic is it suppose that this could be cardved out of a single block? i was toying with the idea of immediately cutting the block in half to have the lid and game base, then doing the art and then utting that in half to have the two lid pieces that fold together

thoughts?

This might help you
Plans - Fans of Jumanji
theres a PDF file there that is the "plans" to the game, has a bunch of measurements for almost anything! im using these for when i start mine :) (hopefully in the near future:cool)

Uhm, yes... The title of the restaurant says everything, huh? I think Hollywood IS in the USA, isn't it?!? :confused:)

But I dont know, in every Planet Hollywood are different props and costumes...

you should check the locations on the Planet Hollywood Website. I know there is one in Las Vegas and Orlando... I dont know if the one in New York still exists...

We had a few, even here in Germany, but a lot were closed in 2000, when the franchise had some money problems... So, as far as I know Paris and London are the only ones in Europe...

I'm not sure if he was joking or not. :)

There are lots of Planet Hollywood's in the US. This is where they started....

Okay, so, monday is my birthday. And my cake is going to be the inside pleaying area of Jumanji with the paths and pieces. ill post pics after the party lol

I will be going over to my local copy store to get a full size print of the front and inside of the board game from these online "plans" i got.

When i get back today i'll post pics on the photobucket that i posted a link to in a previous post of mine, with like a ruler there and everything. i will also be obtaining the wood to start the board game and another board game im doing that i made up. I think ill start a new thread for that. :rolleyes :lol :lol :)

WOW, looks amazing!!!

i started the inside of the board and thought i would be best sculpting instead of carving, but it didn't seam to go very well.

i love the center ring, its very accurate.

can i ask where you had this made and how much it cost please, as i am going to need this part eventually.

thanks.

or if your sizes are the same as mine, maybe i could buy the ring from you with the missing triangle?

thanks again.

Ash

I created a 3D model of the inner ring using Google Sketchup and got it 3D printed by Shapeway. You can get it printed here if you want, different prices for different materials. I corrected the model so the triangle is not missing any more:

Jumanji Inner Ring by Howlrunner on Shapeways

Working on cutting the dome from a large clear hemisphere I have at the moment.

WOW, looks amazing!!!

i started the inside of the board and thought i would be best sculpting instead of carving, but it didn't seam to go very well.

i love the center ring, its very accurate.

can i ask where you had this made and how much it cost please, as i am going to need this part eventually.

thanks.

or if your sizes are the same as mine, maybe i could buy the ring from you with the missing triangle?

thanks again.

Ash

Really no updates as nothing else has been done on it. I have cut out a curved circle for the middle of the central ring, but that's it really. My carver has too many other projects on to get round to doing the playing pieces (though I've provided all the references and he's sketched them out). :(

dang. I would hate having to wait... and I kinda am at a stand still with mine also, hopefully today I can get the lids put together!

Game pieces are on indefinite hold - woodcarver is always too busy with other projects. :(

I moved into flats, so cutting/dremelling/electric sanding is a no go at the moment. Will have to wait until Summer holidays before I can do more construction work on the rest of the box.

I did however get bored and painted up the inside gameboard. It's about 85-90% finished (still needs a few small washed and a bit of dry brushing). But here's were it's at:

BoardInside1B.jpg

BoardInside2B.jpg

BoardInside3-1.jpg

It is illegal to tease on the board :darnkids

:lol

Wow, that centre-piece 'screen' looks terrific !! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back