Jumanji Game Board replica - 15/05/13 Update - Board Edges

Re: Jumanji Game Board replica

I haven't seen the sculptor yet, so have nothing new to share at this point. I'll see if there's enough progress been made on the game pieces for him to email me progress photos.

The carver is working on finishing another commission at the moment. Once that's done then he'll be focussing on getting the board finished.

awesome. whats his other project? oh, and will he be doing the intricate pattern around the edges of the inner gameboard?

Howl would've mentioned what the carver's other commission job was if it was a project Howl was privvy to.

I just didn't mention the other commission because it's not prop related (this board is the only prop he's done). I believe it's a large wooden sign with a castle on it (I think). I'm gonna try to get him to carve everything that should be carved.

Very nice....

Did I mentioned that I took a look on this?!?

dsc04294m.jpg

dsc04295q.jpg

I believe, that its a screenused one... Sorry for the bad pics, but there is always this disturbing glass... ;) And I wasn't there for photoshooting... And I took these pics very fast and always with someone behind me, who told me if someone looked at me... I believe the people don't like it, if someone took photos of the stuff... :confused

Planet Hollywood Paris

I know that some people made really great shots from some props inside the planet hollywood, but europeans seems to be a little bit different. After all, Im European, too. :lol
But they told me, if I take photos, that would bother other people, when they'se eating...

Uhm, yes... The title of the restaurant says everything, huh? I think Hollywood IS in the USA, isn't it?!? :confused:)

But I dont know, in every Planet Hollywood are different props and costumes...

you should check the locations on the Planet Hollywood Website. I know there is one in Las Vegas and Orlando... I dont know if the one in New York still exists...

We had a few, even here in Germany, but a lot were closed in 2000, when the franchise had some money problems... So, as far as I know Paris and London are the only ones in Europe...

But they told me, if I take photos, that would bother other people, when they'se eating...

Interesting, before taking a lot of photos of the Ghostbusters props that were on display at Planet Hollywood New York, I asked if it'd be okay (as I wasn't dining there), and the hostess who was assigning tables to the diners said it'd be fine.

Funny the difference being the opposite side of an ocean makes. :)

Interesting, before taking a lot of photos of the Ghostbusters props that were on display at Planet Hollywood New York, I asked if it'd be okay (as I wasn't dining there), and the hostess who was assigning tables to the diners said it'd be fine.

Funny the difference being the opposite side of an ocean makes. :)

Yeah, I was wondering about that fact, too. I know the Pack Pictures, very nice work.

I dont know how it looks in New York, but you have to ask for a table before you get in, in Paris. Inside the tables are very close to the walls and its true. You will bother other people, because there is not much space between the tables. I took some pics from the stuff on the first floor, there were only some tables and the merchandise shop. But inside it was not really possible. And they had a professional photographer, who took pics of you and your family (or just you) in front of costumes or props or in front of the planet hollywood sign. I guess that was one reason because they dont want, that other people take photos.

Well, but I ont give up. Next time I will enter the restaurant in the morning, when no-one is there and ask again. I was there at 8pm and it was very crowded...

I know the Pack Pictures, very nice work.

Not mine sadly, I was pipped to the post, but gladly so, I didn't even have a digital camera back then :p (2003).

From what I recall, the room was largely circular, with passage running around a portion of the outside of the cicle, with a lot of the tables located in the centre of the room, but my recollection's fuzzy (my last trip to New York was 5 years ago).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back