You have never seen the Blade Runner blaster before - PHOTOS RESTORED

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been asked to remove the photographs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Karl

I always regretted the circumstances of that post.

Now, in 2009, the prop no longer belongs to the original owner, and it was examined and photographed at the Profiles auction.

With this in mind, feel free to download a zip file of my original 2006 worldcon photos here:

http://www.propsummit.com/brpics/worldconphotos.zip

Also be sure to check out Propsummit, which is a great community of fans of Blade Runner, and other fantastic films such as Ridley Scott's other masterpiece, "Alien". :cool

dsc05812w.jpg

Last edited:
That is absolutely AWESOME... Who owns this precious thing??

I am now officially gloating over being right about the lack of a 'dimple' in the buttplate. :D (The marking so long misread as a 'dimple' is also great confirmation that this is the real deal.)

...and utterly amazed at yet another example of how a real prop manages to possess BOTH characteristics so long argued over--the polished metal surfaces AND remaining black finish on the handle 'straps'.

This is a great great 'surfacing' of a much beloved prop, tell us the story..

Wow. . . those pics are incredible.
Yeah, tell us more. Who owns it? Did they have a story about how they came to have it?
Details. :eek

Karl was kind enough to email me Saturday and I packed a overnight bag and jumped into my van and drove overnight to be there at 10AM Sunday morning to also see and handle this Holly Grail... and I was also lucky to be allowed to hold it and study it and take tons of pictures
What a 24 hours this has been.

Rich

I have to say it was a thrill to be there in person when Mr Richard Coyle got his first hands-on look at the Blaster, photographing and examining it. :D

Truth be told, I walked past the Bladerunner display for THREE DAYS and didn't know that it was the hero prop. :lol

All the card said was "Harrison Ford's Gun from Blade Runner". Sure, we all have one. :rolleyes

Finally at one point, as I was squinting through the glass trying to take photos, who should walk up but Jerome Scott, the guy managing the prop display. I ask him, I says, something like "that isn't the REAL prop is it?"

And he told me "no this is all the real stuff..."

That clattering sound you would have heard would be my jaw falling off and rolling away across the convention floor. :cry :eek :lol

- k

Karl,

Now that these photos are out in the open, I would like to make a major public thank you to Karl for coming across one of the greatest discoveries in RPF history. For years this blaster has eluded professional prop researchers.

Karl, the past 48 hours have been the most exciting I have had in years in this prop hobby and it is all because of everything you have been happy to share.

I hope in the coming weeks we can all have a real progressive discussion about this amazing prop all thanks to Karl.

Oh, BTW Karl, I still hate that picture of you ;) LOL

Thanks a million...

-Bryan

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 27 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1308232[/snapback]</div>
I was fortunate to be in Los Angeles this week to attend the 64th Worldcon science fiction convention.

On display, among many many fantastic items, was a case containing Blade Runner items.

Among them... a hero blaster prop. This is the first time to my knowledge the hero gun has ever been publicly displayed.

I was priveleged to examine the prop and take some startling photographs. So strap in, and prepare to be amazed by the Deckard PKD blaster As You Have Never Seen It Before. :D

- k
[/b]

Thank you, Karl, for sharing this fantastic find and letting us look at your photos. Your openess and willingness to share this knowledge and allow access to the marvelous closeup photos of this genuine sci-fi icon is very much appreciated.

Wow. That's pretty amazing. Now just to be devil's advocate, can we be 100% that this is THE hero prop? It looks authentic, I'd just love to know that we won't be proven wrong (there were those theories that it was in Ridley's hands)

Nice to see the green LEDs in both ends, thought I was the only one to have that feature planned.

One way or the other, thanks Karl for sharing the pics.

Karl massive THANK YOU for those pictures... Having loved that pistol since seeing it on the big screen in '82 and owning nearly every version made since my first Marco I can say I'm nearly breathless looking at those pictures.

Oh it is the real thing, Correct numbers and details we have fought over all these years.

And the few changes make sense,, a work in progress it seems.

And the aging...

IT is the real thing.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(BAlinger15 @ Aug 28 2006, 01:42 AM) [snapback]1308281[/snapback]</div>
Cool....so who owns it? Who is Jerome Scott?
[/b]

I'd rather not say who the owner is just at the moment. He's been totally unknown for twenty some-odd years and that's too big a bean for ME to spill. :lol

Jerome (who is not the owner by the way) was the "curator" I guess you'd call it, of some of the displays that were at the show.

- k

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back